Monday, 10 February 2014

Frightening Fairies at HDH

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all keeping well. Signs of spring are in the air here in Scotland. Odd I know, not even the  middle of February and the Snowdrops are out, Daffodils are poking their heads up too. Hope we don't have a late snowstorm or hard frost to kill it all off.

Anyway, today sees the next theme go live at HDH for Macabre Monday. This time we are after your

Frightening Fairies

And I had just the one, drawn with this particular theme in mind a few weeks back. And last week I also released a background image that suits the theme too! So I popped the two together in an 8x6 shadow box frame.

Here we go with a load of photos. I took some last night, but wasn't sure if they'd be okay, so did some this morning too. The following are a concoction of the both light scenarios:


So. First I printed off my Dark Forest scene, and Shadow Faerie, both available in the Delicious Doodles AND Delicious Darkness store. I printed several of each and layered them up on foam pads to achieve some depth.


The frame was painted with black acrylic watered down a bit to allow the wood to show through. Then I painted loads of leaves, lichen, mossy bits and twigs and cones and stuck them round the frame.

Then it was a case of fitting the two together, and viola!
A close- up of the Shadow Faerie image:
 

Okay, so that's me for today.
Wonder if I can find any challenges to enter. . .?
ttfn folks!
xxx
 
 
Challenges I am entering -
 
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
 Stamping Sensations - Wings, Fantasy and Fiction
 Altered Eclectics - Alter Something
(I did a shadow box)
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes (altered art)
 Treasured Times - Anything Goes with Layering
Stamping for the Weekend - Anything but a Card
4 Krafty Girls - Anything Goes 
 

15 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! You've totally outdone yourself! This is wonderfully magical in a fabulously creepy way. That fairy scares the knickers right off me and the woodland scene and fabulous embellies are beyond brilliant! Love, love, LOVE it! (Don't think I'll be hiking in the woods any time soon after seeing this. YIKES!) xxD

Moira Gray said...

I do like this, very dark!!
Love all the texture on the frame.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

Moira DT xx

Angie A said...

Very cool, creepy but cool! LOL Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Debora said...

I love this creation! It's so fabulous and creative! Brilliant!Hugs!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I absolutely love love love this Teri. Lost for words and that does not happen all that often lol
Thanks for sharing this with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges
Elaine aka Ellapu
(Owner of Eclectic Ellapu and Altered Eclectics)

Vicky said...

Holy crap!!!!!! This is awesome!! I absolutely love the whole effect of this, its a masterpiece hun & shows how truly talented you are.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Monique Van dijk said...

loooove it so very beautiful

Scrappy Scatty said...

wonderful!!

Thank you for joining in with us at Treasured Times
xx

Francesca said...

Great entry, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Rebekah said...

This is just awesome Teri! thanks for sharing at stampin for the weekend hugs Rebekah xx

Sally H said...

What a fabulous card for our wings, fantasy and fiction theme! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Izzwizz said...

Love your scary fairy and the fabulous frame with all that texture and dimension. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations his month. Maddy x

Sandie said...

Wow, this is just stunning...I love everything about it,from the image to the embellishing of the frame.
I do wish I had a flare to create on the "Darkside"...

Thank you for joining in with our first challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

Beccalite said...

WOW this is so very striking and I love all the texture you have created, fabulous make.

Thanks for coming over and joining in with our very first Challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

Vickie Y said...

Wow! What a fabulous shadow box! Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics February Challenge.