Monday, 13 January 2014

Fresh Blood at HDH

Hiya folks!
How are you all keeping these days?

We have some fresh/new blood over in the Haunted Design House dungeon, in the shape of the Maniacal Mother of Mayhem, Monique.
And as this week sees the return of our challenges there we decided to make the first theme of the year -

New Blood.

We want to see your take on our sanguine theme,
but whether you actually use real blood or not, is up to you ;)
And let's try and keep things in the creepy vein, shall we?

Hee-hee-hee.

I took things almost literally and came up with a new image to use.
I have also made a new Blog Shop to keep all my darker images in.
These will gradually be transferred from the mainstream shop into this new one HERE



So, now onto the make and the brand new never seen before image.
It's a lovely wee blood sucker -



He is only the first image uploaded to the shop, there WILL be more to follow, just as soon as I can sort my butt out and find the time to get on with it!!! lol

And here is what I came up with in the shape of a wee make:


Lots of black card, die-cuts, smeary black ink and metallic silvery waxy stuff


The web and bat die shapes are brand new to me - I bought them off a facebook buddy before Christmas, and this is the first time I have used them in a make. I added some red gems for the bats eyes.


The above pic shows the depth of the layering and curled bats wings.
Below, the flower is made using a Tim Holtz die, Tattered Flowers. I added a bigger red gem for the flower centre. 


The loopy frame is a Spellbinders one, and the iron work behind that is the Martha Stewart 'cut around the page' punch set.

I took the liberty of adding some red pen to Mr Vampy, just to jazz him up a bit, lol.
Oh, and the textured paper is some I have had lying about for age. All used up now so I shall have to find some more somewhere.

So, hope you can join us this fortnight with your 'new blood' makes! Remember - keep it creepy! lol
xxxx


9 comments:

Monique Van dijk said...

That's a bloody scary card you made

I think it's very pretty though ;-)

I Don't Do Straight said...

Love, Love, Love! this new image Teri and all those gorgeous die cuts are just FAB!

Julia said...

Congrats on the new store,this is really exciting.
This image and your creation are fab. Your work is impeccable.
Hugs,
Julia

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Great new image and I love how you've used him. Good idea to add the red pen to him for the bloody effect. Who is the manufacturer of the new dies? I need/want a good spiderweb die like that one.

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That is a fabulous card!!! Just love how he's coming out of the page to meet us!!! Gorgeous die cuts and of course the black and the red just fantastic!

mark gould said...

love this teri, the black and white image with a hint of red in all the right places. love the paper texture too. x

Andrea C said...

Fab as always Teri x

DonnaMundinger said...

Totally brilliant, Teri! LOVE the new image and your details are amazing! xxD

Andrea C said...

Brilliantly gothic, love it x