Sunday, 1 December 2013

12 Days of Creepmas

Well hellloooooo folks!
Happy Sunday to ya. 1st of December today, yikes!! Better start thinking about Christmas stuff I suppose.Not that I haven't already, just been a bit 'alternative' instead.

I am taking part (for the first time) in a large blog hop event called the 12 Days of Creepmas, where we celebrate Christmas a bit differently, hence the creepmas bit in the title. If you want to take part, head to Terra's blog where you will find all the details, dates etc.

There is a large blog hop roll over there in the sidebar if anyone wants to play along and visit.

I recently bought myself a wee black tree to use as a Christmas Tree replacement. It's meant to be a Cherry Blossom Tree, but I decided to Goth it up a bit and paint all the little light covers. Here is a 'before' and 'after' shot:



Later on I will be added some 'schtuff' to it like baubles and tinsel...

Anyway, my 12 Days item today is this wee card I knocked up using a couple of my Delicious Doodles images, Gothic Church Window and Creepy Gargoyle:


The background here was done using inks and smudgy daubers. The black dauber went a bit scratchy, hence the swirly effect. I quite liked what happened there so I kept it instead of redoing it. Looked a bit creepy...sorry about the blurry pic below...


The holly and berries are done using a holly punch, and small circle punch. Gold card for the berries and black for the holly. Edged in gold metallic waxy stuff, and gold pen for the veins. Regular black pen for the berry 'ends'.


I added dimension using foam pads. Wanted the Gargoyle to appear as if he is climbing out from behind the window.


So there ya go folks. Day one done and dusted.
I'll be back on 3rd for the next installment.
Enjoy your hopping across the large blog list peeps!!
xxxx


Challenges I am entering -
Crafts 4 Eternity - Non-Traditional Christmas

21 comments:

Wiola said...

Wow so many cool things to look at! You are so artistic, Teri.

applejack cards by sue said...

Mornin' Teri, loving this image and yes, the gargoyle does look like he's climbing out from behind the window. I think this is a fantastic project, great colours and holly.
Sue (The Nanny)
RSD EDT

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That's a really fun tree!!! And wow that card is stunning. Love the decoupage to give the 3d effect!!!

happy crafter shell said...

WOW! That is one stunning card Teri, I love your Christmas Tree too xxx

ionabunny said...

Love it. There should be more gargoyles at Christmas. Like what you did with the tree

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

That gargoyle is definitely creepy - even more so with the dimension you added. Great idea

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEK! FAbulous Teri! Love your tree. Can't wait to see it decorated and your card is gorgeous! Love the dimension and the inking truly looks like marble. xxD

Glittery Katie said...

Fabulous card- love your colouring and layering!!

Wendy said...

ooohhhh...love both of your projects. I like how you altered and gothed up the little tree. It looks great! Your card is fantastic. Love the dimension! Great projects for Day One of the hop!

Claudia G said...

Wow! Love the background effect, and the gargoyle, looks great.

maureenjscott said...

Oh fantastic Teri! love the gargoyle popping out behind the window, this is great! cant wait to see what the other 11 days bring! Mo x

maureenjscott said...

Oh fantastic Teri! love the gargoyle popping out behind the window, this is great! cant wait to see what the other 11 days bring! Mo x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

The "before & after" is really amazing !
And I love your card, especially the 3D look (sorry for my awful English, sometimes I wonder if I really wrote something understandable...)

Emily Thubbron said...

Teri, this is fantastic. I love it. I think the scratchy black dauber made a great texture background. Sometimes what we think are mistakes turn out to be great projects. I love how you used dimension on this gargoyle. Can't wait to see what you make for Thursday.

Matney said...

Looking forward to seeing that tree get some good stuff on it.
Excellent card and love that glowering gargoyle. Love the creativity for using the pens on the berries and leaves, they look fab!

~Lady B~ said...

Fabulous Creepmas card, Teri! I love all the dimension you've added! I adore your tree so far and cannot wait to see it decorated!

Steph said...

Love your tree! Your card is just fabulous, I love all the layers.

Dominike said...

The tree... the card... tre 3D effect... I like all. I look forward to the continuation.

Candace Jedrowicz said...

What creepy fun! I love the layering! It adds a ghoulish quality that makes me feel like it's coming for me!

michele said...

Fantastic Christmas card & tree Teri! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Avril Ann said...

Stunning card, Teri, and I love your tree, I am having a couple of them around the house this year, hopefully, LOL xxx