Tuesday, 3 December 2013

12 Days of Creepmas - Day 2

Hiya peeps!
What a crappy day it is outside!!!
Sooooo dark and wet and depressing.
Time for some festive cheer - NOT!!! lol
 
Today I have my 2nd project for the 12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop event, organised by the girls at the Smeared and Smudged Forum. All the deets and starting point for the hop can be found HERE

So here is my rather wee project -
a bauble for my Gothic Christmas Tree
made using Delicious Doodles image


I removed part of the image (the chain at the top), and put a real chain in there instead so I could hang it off the tree.


These pics are not great. It was sunny out when I took them and the tree is in the window. Had to close the blinds but the foreground is still rather silhouetted.

I fussy cut the image, flipped it and layered it to make it double sided and 3 dimensional.
This is the best shot I think... 


You can see below that the colours on the screen are so different from when printed and photographed. That purple is more vivid IRL


Right. Need to take more photos, but I don't think that will happen today unless the rain naff's off!!!!

Be back on Wednesday for part 3... Catch ya later folks!

Some challenges I am entering -

All Crafts Challenge - Anything BUT a card 
Cheerful Stamp Pad - Let's Decorate
C is for Challenge - Ornaments
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes
Country View Challenge - Bah Humbug!

23 comments:

Glittery Katie said...

That's fabulous!!

Karen said...

Totally fantastic hun... I'm sat here in awe!! Smiles.

Big huggles,
Karen.xx

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya Teri, this is gorgeous...this ornament really works, great shape, great everything.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just beautiful, Teri! I'd like to wear it. Love the dimension and I think the gem color looks lovely. Hard to photograph purple, I've found. xxD

Ingrid Mason said...

Oh my word Terri, this bauble is totally awesome as so original. Saw your photo on Fb and was so intrigued that I just had to pop by to see more. I love your talents and would love to see a photo of your fully decorated tree ...With wonderful baubles like this I imagine you have the most exciting tree. Ingrid xx

Dominike said...

What a strange effect ! I cannot say if I like it but I can say I appreciate the surprise.

Rene said...

This project is incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stamp and Create...good luck!
Rene :D

Wiola said...

Wow this Winged Pendant is so beautiful!

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

I LOVE THIS!! WOW! You are really opening my eyes to all that can be done with the digi images.

Insomniac’s Attic said...

Love it! You could make a whole garland out of those babies, and wouldn't that be awesome! :o)

Claudia G said...

Wow! It´s amazing. What kind of paper did you use to make the wing?

Wendy said...

Wow...Teri this is a beautiful ornament. I love your coloring and fussy cutting. Beautiful creation for Day 2 of the Hop!

Emily Thubbron said...

Teri, this is wonderful. I love it. I can't wait to see your completed tree.

~Lady B~ said...

Oh, Wow! Truly divine! Fantabulous!!!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Ohhhhh wow you have really managed to make it 3 dimensional!!! That's really really awesome. Love that 1st ornament.

Steph said...

This ornament is amazingly cool!

maureenjscott said...

~Fabulous Christmas decoration! I love the layering and the colours! Its awesome! mo x

ionabunny said...

Fantastic. Looks like it might bite if you touch it

Avril Ann said...

Fantastic, Teri, love love this xxx

Sue C said...

What a fabulous ornament Teri ! Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts. Sue C x

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant. Reallly creepy but oh so authentic looking. Thank you for joining in at Craft My Life challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (DT.)

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely creation for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 74: let's decorate - Hazel, DT x

Anna Jasiolek said...

OMG, what a wonderful piece of art! And so unusual. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx