Saturday, 21 December 2013

12 Days of Creepmas - Day 11


Howdeedoodleee folks!

Getting nearer to the big day folks - I'll be glad when it's all over personally. Such a lot of build up, and it's always an anticlimax. Best part of the day for me is the Christmas Dinner with the family round the table chatting away, closely followed by the Dr. Who special in the evening!!!

Today I have my next project for the 12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop event, organised by the girls at the Smeared and Smudged Forum. All the deets and starting point for the hop can be found HERE

This time I have an Advent Box for you,
made using lots of



I made lots of little matchboxes using a template I downloaded off the net. I had to adjust the size a wee bit though to give space for loads of choccies and sweeties.

The paper I used throughout is one of my own from the Rose and Thistle set (reduced and enlarged accordingly).
The two images used above are close-up's of Skully Santa and Creepmas Centrepiece.


All the text was placed in position prior to printing. The typeface is called 'Blood of Dracula', downloaded off the net again.
I have used brads for the little drawer pulls.
Images used above are Holly Sugar Skull and Creepy Gargoyle.



I have cut die shapes to frame the images, and smeared them with metallic waxy stuff, then layered them on black and gold card before adding black stickles for a bit of bling. Images used above are the same as the first photo, but different parts of the images.



Last bit of bling in the shape of some red stickles round the images.
I have used the Creepy Gargoyle again here, and also Evil Snowman.



The piccie above is the lid for the box. I made a separate box for the top, so needed a lid for it.The webby corners are die cuts. A gem in each corner and that's that done!


This is the inside of the box for the 25th.
Images used - Merry Creepmas Sentiment and Skully Santa (with most of it erased to leave just his face)
This is now full of yummy truffles for the kids!! (Secretly hoping they don't like them, so I can eat them myself, lol)

Okay, that's it from me today, hope you survived all the photos! hee-hee.
I'll be back on Monday with  . . .

THE TREE

Some challenges I am entering -

Craftitude - Anything Goes/Christmas Sparkle
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
Stampin For The Weekend - Anything Goes


15 comments:

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards Merry Christmas xx Jan

DonnaMundinger said...

My turn to say OMFG!!! A MASTERPIECE, Teri! Beyond gorgeous. Love, love, love how you've cut the images for all the panels, the fab coloring and matting. Oh, this is BRILLIANT! xxD

Emily Thubbron said...

Teri, this is amazing. Wowza. You outdid yourself with this Advent box. I love all the details and elements.

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

Holy WOW!! This is seriously spectacular Teri!!! WOW! What a fantastic idea. I can't stop looking at all the pictures. This is a family treasure for certain!

applejack cards by sue said...

I have never seen anything like this... a stunning keepsake! The images are gorgeous and the colouring and the concept and just everything have come together to make this so special.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, what a fabby box, its totally Creepmassy!!! Im like you and think its a huge anticlimax on Christmas. Cant wait for the regeneration though!!! Love Hazelxox

maureenjscott said...

Amazing! So much work and patience that you out into this creation. The attention to detail is astounding. Love the skully Santa in the lid! Wow! Mo x

Wendy said...

Wow....Teri! This is matchbox box is outstanding. I can't even imagine how long it took you to create this masterpiece. Beautifully done!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

hee hee hee I'm pretty sure that they will like them... and you won't get to eat them... ;o) Love that and all the great drawers! super creative and long...

Kat Coppleman said...

This is awesome!!!

Kat Coppleman said...

This is awesome!!

Whimsey said...

WOW - that's amazing; so detailed!

Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele

Wiola said...

Wow this advent calendar is the coolest and most wicked that I have ever seen.

NormaJean said...

Thank You for joining us at Craftitude, your project is beautiful
hug DT Norma Jean

Donna said...

Wow, fab creation, thanks so much for joining us at Craftitude, good luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx