Thursday, 7 November 2013

Steampunk Meets Goth

(I hope)

Hiya folks!

Thought I'd pop by with a wee make I finished the other day.
I designed this little image a few weeks back and have only just got round to doing something with it! I wanted to doodle a girl in a steampunk style, but with a goth twist, and I hope I managed to catch the flavour of that with my Gothicka image.



I wanted to keep it a bit girly so I have used reds, purples and pinks along with my usual black, lol. The background dp is one of my own too, Rose and Thistle Paper, in red.


Cardstock used is from my stash, and has been embossed with steampunk folders from Spellbinders and Cuttlebug, smeared over with metallic waxy stuff. The frame the girl is sitting in was done using a Spellbinders die, with the centre of it cut out as it was a solid middle. I have inked the edges to match in with everything else.

 
Ribbon is from the stash, as are the wee candy dots
The key and cog shapes I got from ebay a few months ago, and are laser cut shapes which I inked over and waxed up.
 The image is coloured with my usual watercolour pencils before being scanned, printed and fussy cut.

Right, well, much to do. Gotta get doodling for the upcoming '12 Days of Creepmas' event this year. My first go at it....eeeeekkk! Hope I can manage twelve new images before Xmas!!!!

 ttfn peeps!
xxx


 

1 comment:

Aletha J. Williams said...

Wow, this is drop dead gorgeous. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I love it when I see artists actually designing with their own digis. I am in awe.