Monday, 28 October 2013

Samhain Sunset at HDH

Hellooooooo folks!

Hope you all survived the hurricane force winds down south? (UK) 
Sounds like a normal autumn storm like we get up here in Scotland, lol

Anyroadup (or blocked as the case may be) I have more of that project I showed yesterday.
There is a new theme over at Haunted Design House, the last one of the year for us as we'll be taking a seasonal break from the darkness.
Our theme this time, seeing as it will be Hallowe'en soon, is 
'Samhain Sunset'

We have a new sponsor for this theme, Aurora Wings, a lovely fantasy artist. I didn't use the images supplied for my make though. I used my own, selfish aren't I?? lol

So here are some more pages, and tags from my tag book.
I have tried to work everything in the book around the theme of EYES
WARNING - PHOTO HEAVY


This is the cover then.
I followed THIS TUTORIAL for the basic making of the book, but adjusted the sizes to suit my design. The cover pages use regular cardstock which has been embossed and smeared with waxy metallic stuff.

The image on the front is 'Reptile Eye' which I placed under a lovely metal book plate by Tim Holtz. I put loads of brads on the right so that I could use them as a fastening for the fingers that are clutching the book. These are an image I designed based on my grotty little fingers, and are called 'Digits'. I put some sticky magnetic bits under the tips to attach to the brads.

So here are some of the pages, and their tags (double sided)
All images used are from my store:
Too many images to mention individually!! 



Phew, you still there? lol

 All the frames for my images are made using spellbinders dies.
All cardstock, ribbon and glitz is from the stash.
All colouring done using watercolour pencils.

Can't believe how long this project took me, in-between walking the dog, all the household duties and having light therapy three days a week in the hospital I'm surprised I got it finished at all, lol

Had to cancel my session in the light tubes today, as I have done something to my knee and I don't want to aggravate it with a drive into town. Mind you, now the kids are back at school, 'tis me that has to take doggie out again, so that won't make it any better...ah well. Off to the Doc this afternoon, see what they say...
ttfn folks!
xxxx

Some challenges I am entering -

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - Halloween

8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Worth abs0lutely every minute! WOW, Teri! amazing beyond words. love how you've cropped the images to a fabulous focal point.. and the embossing and other details are immense! love, love, LOVE ! xxD

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is an awesome creation and shows off a lot of your gorgeous digis. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member.
xxxxx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Quite an amazing little project, Teri. Every page is a completed work all by itself. Not to mention all of the gorgeous tags! Beautiful work, as I've come to expect from you. :)

Avril Ann said...

WOW, Teri, how brilliant is this book, blooming awesome xxx

Sharon said...

This is a fabulous Halloween project and thank you so much for sharing this with us at Dream valley Challenges.
Hugs Sharon. x

Nellies Handmade Cards

DogsMom said...

Had to stop over and tell you how fabulous I think this project is. Of course I was attracted by the cover but as it unfolds it is even more amazing.

Carol Q said...

awsome!!

Vicky said...

WOWZERS.......sweetie this is bloody fantastic.......you have way too much talent lady, you really do ;0) Love this book & will def look at the tutorial. Love the fingers you have added, love the tags..........love everything!!!!
Hope all goes well at the hospital shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx