Thursday, 26 September 2013

Design Team Throwdown Entry

Well hellloooooo folks!

Hope you all feel better than me just now. Loaded with cold, cough too, and needing some kip, but hey-ho. On we go!!

This wee post then is my make for Delicious Doodles entry in the Design Team Throwdown

We happened to win it last month, and chose them theme 'Metal Mania'. Well, I thought it was a good theme, but we struggled a bit.

Here is my make then, a wee trinket box:


I have used regular black cardstock - yes folks - NO METAL AT ALL was used for this project!!

I used an exploding box lid template for making this box, but lengthened the edges to make a deeper box.


Lots of Spellbinders die cut shapes, and embossing.
Lots of metallic guilding wax in a brown and old gold colour.

Those are actually plastic hot fix false studs you can see there, just with some added wax too. Made them look like brads or nail heads. Just the job!!


I have used my Delicious Doodles image named
'Love's Faded Memory'
for the centre of the lid panel, and have added some wee pearls that were almost black, but have added some more of that waxy stuff



Believe me, these pics were difficult to get - I mean, how DO you get a good piccie of a hexagonal box without half of it being in a dark shadow??!!
I even tried it on a different colour cloth...


Hee-hee!

So there you have it folks!

Pop across to our Delicious Doodles Throwdown Entry Post for more yummy makes from the girls.

And after that, pop across to the Design Team Throwdown Blog and check out the other team entries.

And after that - on Friday - check back to that blog and VOTE for the best team makes that you think fulfilled the theme criteria

 

15 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Absolutely stunning Teri. Love all those different die cuts

Vicky said...

OMG..........are you freakin kidding me!!!!!!!!!! This is cardstock??? WOWWWWWWWWWWW WOWWWWWWWWW & another big fat WOWWWWWWWW. The third one was off my hubster lol. This is just awesome sweetie it really is. Hubster says it reminds him of the film Hellraiser with that puzzle box thing. This is just too cool for words & you should have this on show.........I want to touch it just to see if it really is metal or not lol.

Hope all is ok sorry I've not been by for a bit I really dont know where my time goes anymore, although I'm thinking knowing you you will be the same lol. Take care sweets mmwah.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

ike said...

AWESOME :-) This is just scrummy :-)
I hope you get rid of your Lurgy real soon... I am sending some healing vibes :-)
Good luck with the Throwdown :-)

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kate T said...

Amazing creation, looks just like metal !

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely FABULOUS, Teri! It so totally looks like metal. I'm blown away! Gorgeous beyond words.
xxD

Laura B said...

This is really gorgeous! It looks like metal.:) Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Like I've always said, you are magic with embossed papers and gilding wax. Magical creation, Teri. Good luck in the throwdown.

monique said...

Fabulous love the box. The "metal" looks great

Rick St. Dennis said...

Lovely job-well done you!

Andrea C said...

Super classy x

Matney said...

Just a little trinket box, whatever! This is amazing. I do not know how much time was spent on each piece, but totally worth it and I am bowing down to the non metal queen! Amazing!

~Lady B~ said...

Supremely gorgeous, Teri! I especially love all the delicious texture and that lovely metallic wax. Fabulous make! Best of luck in the TD challenge :).

mark gould said...

Stunning Teri,An amazing box, the effect looks brilliant x

happy crafter shell said...

Teri you have done an awesome job! That is one stunning box! xxxx

Jac said...

OMG! This is awesome, I can't believe its not metal I was sure it was when I saw it. I'm blown away. Good luck xx