Friday, 6 September 2013

A Make at Last!

OMG folks, I am such a slack blogger!!
Can't believe it's been over a month since I was here last, where do the days go?

Wish I could say that a lot has happened in that month, but really it's just the daily grind. Get up, get kids off to school, walk the dog, bit on the compy, hospital for Light Therapy 3 mornings a week, walk the dog, dinner, bit of image work, kids home, cook the tea, bit of doodling, work for 3 nights, then bed!

BUT, here I am with a quick make. Well, I say quick, it took me a day or two in between other stuff. I am in the process of tidying up the lines on a new image, but I sooooo wanted to do something for our new challenge at Delicious Doodles, as I chose the colour theme for it. So I decided to use this image, even though she has no name yet, and I haven't finished the line work.

If you want to win her, and you use Facebook, why not pop across to the Delicious Doodles Group there and leave your name suggestion on the relevant post. I am choosing a winning name on Sunday night.

So, here is my make then:


Okay, so my turquoise has turned a bit on the green side, whatever! lol
Funny colour to get perfect though, as everyone has a different idea of what it actually looks like, and printers never get it right according to what you have on screen, then the photo's make your colours go even more weird!!

I have used purple bazzil card, some leftover gold card and a digital paper that I coloured up in my graphics programme. The dies are new Nestabilities ones that I got the other week, from Spellbinders. The wee gold corners are from the 'Marvelous Squares' set, and the frame is from 'Timeless Rectangles'.

Purple ribbon off ebay, turquoise ribbon off me buddy Helen, thanks hun!!
The flower is made using punches, ink and shiny rub on, with a wee gem for the centre, and the charm is hand made using jewellery scraps.

Here is a closer view of the 'un-named' image


She was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, then scanned and printed at the right size, and a few times, so I could fussy cut and layer up.

Should have put some stickles on it too, but realized they are in the loft.
Hmmm - hubbyyyyy!!!!! 


So there you have it folks!
Hoping it won't be so long until my next make. . .
xxxx


Some challenges -

Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes


8 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Teri
Gorgeous image and love the design and colours beauitfully made
Jacki xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Teri.

greetings karin

Tammy said...

WOW this is stunning Teri! Absolutely gorgeous image and it's colored beautifully!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Avril Ann said...

Beautiful Teri, love that new image, have a lovely weekend xxx

Lisa aka Myran said...

This card is beautiful Teri! Lovely colors and image. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Lozzy T said...

Gorgeous card Teri, beautiful colours and love your design..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenges this week and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Jackie said...

Another gorgeous image and beautiful card Teri. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Good luck. hugs Jackie. DT

cebelica said...

This is very beautiful. Great image and colours. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx