Monday, 5 August 2013

Nice Day for a White Wedding

Hiya folks!

Got ya singing that Billy Idol song now have I? lol
That's the sentiment I chose to use when thinking up what to make for my DT piece at Haunted Design House this fortnight. And the theme  is:

Astrological Atrocities
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Hallowe'en 

based art piece that is somehow directly and obviously inspired by
the signs of the Zodiac or Astrology.

And guess what - I am the sponsor with my Delicious Doodles Shop, and am offering up a pretty nifty prize for one lucky winner!
One WHOLE set of my Horrorscope images - that's 13 images for one lucky so-and-so!! LOL
Well, it IS Delicious Doodles Birthday this weekend, so what the heck! Totally forgot about that until I took the dog out for walkies this morning. Bit late now to organise a blog hop, so I think a Sale will have to take place at the weekend don't you?

So for my make I used my Horrorscope - Virgo digi


I have her reaching for her hubby out of a spellbinders frame, cut from black card and smeared with silver rub-on stuff. This is layered onto white card which I got inky all over.

Backing paper is also from my store: 'Rose and Thistle Papers'. This is the white version, printed extremely faintly, and then smudged with black ink.


My charm is hand made using a gothic style charm and a couple of larger loops from my beady jewellery bits, a bit of chain and a couple of clips. This is then hooked onto another loop, and threaded through the know of a hand made bow. The bow is white organza which has been smudged with black ink too.

You may not notice it but I have also hacked at the ends of the ribbon to make them look frayed.

I did the same card backing for some white lace trim, and inked that up as well so it all looks a bit grey and decayed.


Above is a close-up version of the Virgo image.

So there ya have it!
I am still working on some of the images for this set, and also the more 'normal' Zodiac set I am doing for my not-so-dark fans! lol
Busy - busy!! Hope to have them all done soon - I'm pooped!!
xxx

Some Challenges I am entering -

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Monochrome
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Crafts4Eternity - Here Comes the Bride
C.R.A.F.T. - Monochrome



16 comments:

Andrea C said...

I just LOVE all of your cards. Always classy and gorgeous and obviously with the best images too. x

I Don't Do Straight said...

She reminds me of Miss Haversham LOL
Gorgeous card Teri, the image really pops and the lace and embellishments give it that gorgeous gothic look ..... Fab! :)

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

Jo

KarinsArtScrap said...

great card Teri.

greetings karin

pam hicks said...

This is totally fab i love it x

ike said...

COZZZZMIC !!!! She's awesome Teri and definitely reminds me of Miss Haversham too !!!! Good call Fiona :-)

Hugz
IKE xxx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Loving your Virgo creation! These are amazing images! So unique and brilliant! I hope you sell a ton of them! Thanks for sponsoring us.
You ROCK!

julie said...

Gorgeous gothic card I love this !!
Thanks for joining us at Craft 4 Eternity
Good Luck !!

Evie said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Good Luck.

Evie DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Seriously BRILLIANT! Your Horrorscope images ROCK my world! FAbulous card and the sentiment is sooo perfect. Love Love, LOVE it, Teri! xxD

Krafty Kows said...

Oh my word, what a scary card but brilliant. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

michele said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at Crafts 4 Eternity, hugs x

Guylaine said...

very terrific card!! it is not ordinary...I like it :)
thank you for playing with us at Craft 4 Eternity

Janice said...

Brilliant card Teri, great use of that fab image. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, Jx

Shell said...

Brilliant card I love it.. thanks for joining us at That Craft Place.
Shell xxx

Christine Kiehl said...

Wicked cool! Billy Idol was my first concert in Seattle, WA at the tender age of 13. He was touring with Black Flag at the time! His song "White Wedding" was/is still one of my all time favorites. This is what your ATC brought to my mind. Love the chain and charm! Thanks for sharing!