Thursday, 20 June 2013

Versatile Virgo

Hellooooooo folks!

Long time no blog (again!)
Never seem to have enough time to do anything these days, where does it all go to??

About time I got on here and blogged about my new project(s) on the doodling front, lol.
I have TWO collections on the go. Some of you may have noticed them floating around here and there, especially on facebook in the Delicious Doodles Group we have there.

Anyhoooose, these new collections are based on Astrological or Zodiac Symbols.
One set is a normal kind of Zodiac thing (in my own style of course!) and the other is a 'not-so-normal' collection which I have aptly named 'Horrorscope'.

My last make on here was made using the Horrorscope - Leo version.

But I am here today with a little make I did using Zodiac - Virgo


The image comes with a little separate image file that has the symbol and dates on it like in the preview above. You don't have to use that bit, but it's there if you do want to!
 
Now, you don't need to use any of these images, nice or not-so-nice just for Astrology or Birthdays. I used this lovely Virgo image on a greetings card just for the sake of it. I added a little Wiccan/Pagan greeting onto my digi-paper using my graphics programme before printing out.


I printed her onto some A4 sized card and coloured her in delicately just using neutral colours, with a bit of green on the flower. Then she was scanned back into the compy ready for resizing and printing out and fussy cutting for layers. I kept it to just one layer for a change, nice and simple today.


I inked the edges of the dp, and layered it onto white, then black card.
The only other addition is this lovely silky rose I snipped from some trim I got off ebay, and two little punched leafy spriggs.


Like I said, nice and simple!

I hope you guys are inspired to use these images for other makes than just the Astrological and Birthday stuff!! I would imagine the 'Horrorscope' ones would be well suited to Halloween!! lol

TTFN folks!!
xxxx


3 comments:

Dora said...

so sweet image, beautiful colorized!
greetings

Avril Ann said...

Gorgeous Teri, love that flower, did you make it yourself, and how? xxx

Andrea C said...

Gorgeous card and image. x