Monday, 24 June 2013

Thirteen

Helloooooo folks!

Hope all is well where you are?
We are all trying to get over this very odd lurgy the kids brought home from school. Makes you sooooooo tired and lethargic, heavy headed, sore throat, followed by a cough and cold. Miserable stuff!

Anyway, onto my post today which is my DT piece for Haunted Design House. The Macabre Monday Challenge this fortnight is:

Unlucky for Some.
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Hallowe'en 
based art piece with a total of thirteen components.
No more. No less. Thirteen pieces total.

Ha!
Well, I nearly ballsed this one up at the first hurdle!
Some of you may know I have been designing astrological symbol images for my normal and 'not-so-normal' followers, and there is apparently a thirteenth symbol which I had no idea about until doing this collection. Was just waffling on to the hubby about 'wouldn't it be fab if there was a 13th symbol' and he said 'There is!' Well my jaw hit the floor and I thought it would be perfect for this challenge!

THEN in conversation with my teamies last week I discovered that this challenge is all about thirteen pieces, not just about things to do with 13. ACK!! So I had to get my thinking cap and my counting cap on to do my make with 13 layers.

So here it is then, my make with 13 layers AND with the 13th symbol:


Much of the 13 piece total is made up of card and paper layers as well as layers for the image itself.
I have used, as I said, my new image (released today!)


OK, so I have my base card and dp, followed by a strip of leather trim and two feathers.
That makes five items. Then I have some white, black and white card behind the image. That's eight items. The last five items are made up of the layers on the image.
Here is a view of all the layers involved:


Another close-up of the image itself with all the layering:


And finally a finishing view of the whole card at a jaunty angle! lol


Hee-hee.
Right, gotta get me butt off here. Lots to do, much doodling to be done!
Let's see if we can't find a few challenges to enter huh? lol
ttfn folks!
xx


Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Pan Pastel - Lots of Layers
Red Carpet Studio - Going Digital (card)
Inspire me Friday - Anything Goes
PunkYouGirl - Anything Goes
Stamping 4 The Weekend - Anything Goes
Art Impressions - Masculine


12 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Ruddy awesome Teri, love it hun xxx

Andrea C said...

Your images are just awesome which are only topped by your amazing card making skills. x

ike said...

Fan-FREAKIN'-tastic. He is just awesome Teri and this is one gob-smackingly great creation :-D
Hugz
IKE xxx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Teri wow that's a lot of elements lol but a great card and love the image I have noticed your new images they are great beautifully drawn as always thankyou so much for taking part in our first challenge at PunkyouGirl and good luckhope to see you again soon
Jacki xx

mark gould said...

Ah I love him, such a great image, I don't know enough about the star signs but I do not know this one, although I am already wishing it was my Sign, I am year of the snake though ;)
I always love how you fussy cut and layer your images, always jaw dropping. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

great card Teri.

greetings karin

I Don't Do Straight said...

This is one FABULOUS card Teri, Love the new image :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Love, love, LOVE Teri! and how about that, you can count, too! LOL Hope you're all on your way to recovery from that nasty lurgy. xxD

Sue Ashcroft said...

Fantastic I love it :D

lorraine reeve said...

truly in awe right now.. what an amazing image and yet another to die for digi. thanks for joining us @punkyougirl hope to see u again soon x

Julie said...

Wow - great card!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Anything Goes challenge!

Hugs

Julie x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

absolutely gorgeous! Stunning!! Love the new image as well :D xxx