Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Skullies Everywhere! It's a BIG Blog Hop!!

Hiya folks!

Ooopsies, it's been AGES since I blogged anything here, can you believe that it was 18th May the last time I posted?? Sheesh, where does the time go???

Anyroadup, today sees us 'darker folk' celebrating SKULLIES as it is


And our lovely hosts at Smeared Ink have once again outdone themselves by organising this rather HUGE Blog Hop!! There are 45 of us taking part this year (phew!) and rather than putting the list in this post, I have popped all the names in the sidebar for you.
You should have come to me from Milo.
Typical me to join at the last moment though. That means I am last on the list - wonder how  many will give up before they get to me?! lol

Righty then, so to my make which is the front of a card, or wallhanging. Whatever you will. It is 6" x 6" on black cardstock smeared with silver and copper rub on stuff.


The paper and images are all my own designs.
The paper is one I  made from my 'Pile 'o' Bones' image copied and rotated, then coloured and printed out. I used the same thing for the frame round the main image.

This is the first of my new 'Horrorscope' series of images based on the signs of the Zodiac.
Well, I am doing a 'normal' version so I just HAD to do a 'not-so-nice' version too didn't I??

This is 'Horrorscope - Leo' and he comes with the text image too!


He got printed out several times and then was fussycut to achieve all the decoupage layers.
These were raised on foam pads for depth.

The text image was printed out and layered onto a smaller sized version of the backing paper, then layered onto some more black card. This was then raised up on foam pads too.


Last but not least, I added a couple of wee charms.
Couldn't use ribbon to attach them to as it looked awful, so I just punched a couple of holes to attach the ring to the card.


Okay, so you've seen my make, you can now breathe! That's the end of the hop.
I hope you enjoyed all the different makes!

Why don't you hop along and do a make with skullies too!!??!!

Hugs to all, and thanks for making it this far!
Teri xx
 

29 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a great card Teri.

greetings karin

Nikki Byrne said...

OMG Where did that backing paper come from LOVE it!!!!! Card is awesome too :D

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, Teri! FAn Freakin' Tastic! I was wondering what you were up to when you asked about animal skulls. Holy CRAP! You've outdone yourself. Love, love, LOVE!!!! xxD

Jacki Daniels said...

Amazing Teri as always it's been great hopping with you I have had such fun looking at all the gorgeous creations

Ally White Cat said...

you art is so impressive. I love you pile of bones paper I must say that is awesome. wonderful art.I always start with the last few on the list and work my way up lol
hugs
susan s

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Love it. Just love it. Can't wait to see the Virgo!!

Rick St. Dennis said...

Your designs are always wonderful-great job

xfilekc said...

That image is so powerful, I'd love to see what Scorpio looks like.

Laura B said...

Awesome creation! Love how he looks like he's about to jump off the page.:)

Matney said...

hahaha, nice and naughty, love your Leo's! Great page/hang. Like your creative way to place embellies and all the fussy cutting well worth it.

monique said...

I especially love the first one, that is one awesome skull

fab job

blackdragon said...

That is one mean looking son of a bitch lion skull Teri. Gorgeous image....my friend.... you really are so terribly talented!
Love BDx

Kristina said...

Teri,
I just knew your project would be awesome! Leo looks like he is about to just out of the card. Love your back ground papers, and your metal charms! I like how you added the Leo words and backed it black and white cool looking paper! Great job!
Peace,
KristyLee

Miranda said...

this is just awesome ab fab TERI you rock

The Little Black Kitten said...

HIEEEE! I've never visited here before, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE this project! It's definitely sitting in my top three faves for this S.A.D. blog hop! LOVE IT!

- The Little Black Kitten

Kim said...

Wow, your card is so awesome! I love it!

~Lady B~ said...

Another gorgeous piece! Your work is always so fabulous! May I ask, what printer do you use? I'm fond of fussy cutting previously colored and scanned images, but noticed the color does not turn out exactly as it should. Do you have any recommendations? BTW, I love your concept for the zodiac signs. Brilliant!

Anna Lilja said...

This card is completely awesome! And I totally love that image! I soo want it! :)

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

oh my ghoul Teri, i love love love your new images, that lion skull is fabulous! i'm exhausted from all this hopping and so happy i made it to the end, i would not have wanted to miss out on this treat! stunning! happy SAD day!

Wendy said...

Super cool creation Teri. Love the new stamp designs. What an interesting way to create a background...I will have to remember that. I love your Delicious Doodles stamps.

ScrappingBeauty said...

ROAR! I ain't lion your card rocks! I know a leo that may be worthy. Thx for sharing!

Serena Bee said...

I adore your card!! I've been eyeing your new horoscope images, I'm Sagittarius and can't wait to see what it looks like. I love how it looks like a cute dino, love it!
happy skull day!

riliska said...

realy gorgeous. love the colors.

Jane said...

A awesome project love the image and the backing paper

Sandy said...

Teri, absolutely amazing - you were last but certainly not least. What a super creative idea - horrorscope cards for each month. I'll be checking out your blog regularly as well as your store.

ike said...

Aaah !!! THERE you are :-D Right at the end here with the most jaw dropping creation !! Am soooo in love with the scary Leo.... I must just have to come shopping :-) :-)
Fantastic Teri :-)
Hugz
IKE xxxxx

Jenn Borjeson said...

OMG OMG OMG this is incredible. I am a collector of all things zodiac/astrological, I must have these images! LOL Great project, my friend! :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Teri this is brilliant, I love it, thats a some scary skull you got there, Brilliant ending to a fabby hop, Love Hazel xx

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Hugs,
Julia