Monday, 13 May 2013

A Little bit of Steampunk

Hiya folks!

Long time no see! I've been a bit busy the last few weeks, what with Mother visiting and then trying to figure out how to make a new web store for my images.

But, I do have a make for you.
It is my DT piece for Haunted Design House who's theme this week is:

Emergency Embellishment
 
pick your favourite embellishment, and use ONLY that embellishment on your project.

Hmmmm. that got me thinking!
Well, I am a fan of metal embellies, and I do happen to use those little stick-on nail heads quite a bit, so that is the embellie I chose to use.

In keeping with the metal feel, I chose to go a bit Steampunk for this make, and I designed a new image too!  Here it is -

'Steampunk Mermaid':


She will be in the Delicious Doodles Store on Wednesday.

I kept the card fairly simple.
A black embossed base with gold rub-on smeared round the edges.
The dp is my own design, 'Steampunk Paper' which I fiddled with for the colour in my graphics programme. The original comes in a black and grey colour scheme.


I added a couple of strips of black card embossed with cogs and wheels and smeared in that gold rub-on again. I cut a frame with my spellbinders die, and added some blue paper behind it.

The Steampunk Mermaid image was coloured with my watercolour pencils, scanned back into my compy then printed, fussy cut and layered up with foam pads. Last job was to add my nail-head embellies!
Here is a closer view of the coloured image :


Right, MUST go and sort out this new shop thingy. I'm a bit nervous about it tbh, hope I get it right!

TTFN folks!
xxxx

Some challenges I am entering -

Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Simply Steampunk - Frame It


18 comments:

Andrea C said...

I don't think there are many words that can describe how amazing this card and image are. Seriously brilliant x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

WOW this is fabulous!!! Just love the wonderful steampunk look!!! stick on nail heads... I'm going to have to look out for those. I've never seen them but they look like great fun.

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! this is gorgeous, Teri! Love the new image and the embossing and background DP ROCKS! Thanks for sharing with Simply Steampunk. xxD

I Don't Do Straight said...

Teri, your card is beautiful! Gorgeous image......FAB! :)

carol said...

Hello and thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, your card is wonderful ...x carol

JenniferD said...

Wow Love the Image and how you coloured her up! That Amazing backgroung Just Stunning! Thanks for joining us at SSC

lachsekatze said...

When I saw this on HDH I was stunned - perhaps the reason why I'm commenting some days later. She is so beautiful. It seems to be natural to have steampunk mermaids. Your image makes forget the rust that the salty water would turn the metal gears into.

happy crafter shell said...

I totally love this image and what you have done with it is amazing! xxx

Julia S-W said...

What a fantastic mermaid you've designed. I think your card is stunning with the layers of cogs working so well with the mermaid's steampunk look.
Thanks so much for joining us this time at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

Emily Shroom said...

Fabulous card and awesome colouring. Thanks for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges!

Matney said...

this is so beautiful! Wonderful art, and congrats on the new "store".

Betty Boo! said...

Absolutely stunning Teri! You are such an amazing artist and crafter!

Betty

DistinctiveLMNts said...

OH,Teri, this is stunning , love your work. Thanks for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges.
Lisa

Laurart said...

Beautiful steampunk card! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

mark gould said...

Seriously wow, What a beautiful digi image Teri, I think she is up there as one of my faves from you x, I love how you have used her and the colours, the warm gold and cold blue really set her off. Great card layout to, Love the attention to the details x

Buttons said...

This is so unusual. Love that metallic embossed background which works so well with the image. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

Corinne said...

Stunning work..
Thank you for sharing at SSC
Hugs

Kay Mowat said...

Wow I am lurving this gorgeous work all round thanks for joining us at SSC