Monday, 18 March 2013

Come On In. . .Mwuahahahahaaaaaa!

Howdee folks??!

Hope all is well with you and yours?

I have two of my babies ho,e today, one with a snotty cold after a stupid pyjama day at school on Friday (who's idea was that, and in March for feck's sake?) and the other with sore ribs (no, I didn't give any thumps, lol!) Oh the joys of parenthood...

Anyway, today sees the start of a new theme at Macabre Monday

Which is:
"The Divine Comedy/ Dante's Inferno"


So after a spell of googling research, I was completely lost as to what to make for this one!

But then, whilst listening to some tunes I had just bought off a certain i-store I had a flash of inspiration.

Some of you may know I am into the heavier side of music - none of this Beiber/One Direction crud for me. I am a child of the 70's, when Glam Rock was IN, closely followed by Metal and BIG hair in the 80's.
Ah, those were the days!

Well, back then, one of the bands I followed was W.A.S.P., and this tune was one of my fav's from them.
The words from the start of the song evoked a vision of the Devil welcoming you into Hell. Seeing as Dante started his 'field trip' by going through the Gates of Hell, I decided to go down that road and do a make based on that!

Of course, I HAD to doodle me a new image for it, lol, and here is my make using it:



I made a gatefold card for the base, giving the fold some extra depth to cope with the dimension of the inner piece.
On the front I enlarged my image and focused on the hands, inking the image behind so it couldn't be seen as much. I framed it all with my Gargoyle Frame image, printed on the dp, and with the sentiment added before the print stage.
I added a couple of fancy brads to the flaps to make them look like doors.

And the inside, with the new image 'Gates of Hell' in full -



I have loosly coloured the image using watercolour pencils. Greys for the main part and fire colours for the background. Again, the sentiment was added before I printed out the coloured and scanned image. This was then layered onto the same dp and some fussy cut layers added to pop it all up.
I also added a couple of embossed panels to make the inside flaps look like doors.


So there you have it. My vision of the Gates of Hell.
That's the name of the image too by the way! lol

Why don't you pop by the Macabre Monday Challenge for some fabulous inspiration from my teamies there

Hmmm, wonder if I can find some challenges to enter with this. . .
Mwuahahahahaaaaa!


No Matter Which - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes
One Stop Crafts - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday - Frame It


13 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Brilliant. Just brilliant!!! Beautifully drawn and created with.
You ROCK!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning card beautiful made Teri.

greetings karin

Dawn said...

Really cool!

mark gould said...

So so cool. I love this, great new images Teri, and you already know I am a WASP fan x great inspiration x

Christa said...

Your card is very beautiful ! Thank you for joining us at NMWC. Christa.

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhhhh wow totally love this creation!!!! So awesome.

Andrea C said...

Brilliant as always Teri x

I Don't Do Straight said...

FABULOUS!!! Great new image Teri and I love what you have done with it :)

Kristi said...

Wow! This is such a work of art Teri! And not something I see every day! Thanks for sharing with us over at Sentimental Sundays!

Hugs,
Kristi♥

Jules said...

This is an amazing creation, your work is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenges. Good Luck xoxoxo

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a cool card love the image, layout and the colours are fab (I was a Teen in 70's too glam rock etc.) Hope the Kiddies are well again, thank you for sharing this wonderful project with us at OSCC. Janet

ike said...

An awesome project Teri - simply stunning and such a COZMIC new image. Truly rockin' creation. LUV it :-)
IKE xxxxx

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Awesome creation and fab colouring.

Thanks for playing at NMWC this month.

Happy Crafting
Sam