Monday, 18 February 2013

Gargoyles Galore!!

Howdee-doodlee folks!

Hope you are all keeping well this fine and sunny (but cold) day here in bonny Scotland?
Yesterday was soooooo lovely I spent a fair while in the garden helping hubby trim the mahoosive hedge (I did the bottom half, I hate ladders!) If you like you can read about it here.

But today sees me here blogging the new theme for the next fortnight over on the 

Our next challenge is :
Gruesome Guardians
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Hallowe'en based art piece
using gargoyles, gryphons, dragons, leprechauns, fairies, etc.

We are looking for the beasts and creatures that protect or guard 
the pots of gold, the doorways to other worlds, Excalibur, 
or anything of value in the underworld, or days of myth and yore.

Please be sure and let us know in your post, what your creature guards 
or protects.
 

Some of you may remember last year the Gargoyle image I released. Well I have used it for my creation here too, and I have some new stuff released just this morning featuring some new Gargoyle Corner shapes.

This is a new Frame/Border I have made using the Corners below, and with an added architectural edge pattern, 



 Below is the new Corner Set,



 I have also designed a new set of papers, of which I used the black version on my make



Finally, here are a few photos of my make.
I kept it very simple, using just the black paper from the above set, the frame from above and my original Grotesque Gargoyle image. A bit of smudgy black ink, black card and some foam pads for layering up.




Very simple indeed - almost CAS, but not quite. lol

Right, don't think this will fit many challenges out there, but we'll have a go!
Catch ya later peeps!!
xxx


Challenges 4 Everybody - Always Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Black and White
Allsorts - Things with Wings
Alphabet Challenge - A for Anything with Wings
Raise the Bar - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes



13 comments:

sandra carey said...

Wow Teri this is Stunning Hugs Sand xx

Andrea C said...

Absolutely immense Teri and loving the new digis xx

downrightcrafty said...

so intense and such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Vee said...

Wonderful creation! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma Cardz.
xx Vee

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

looks awesome!
thank you so much for joining us at Charisma!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

This creation is totally stunning!!! I need to get that gargoyle

Claudia said...

Great card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, I have a Gargoyle that looks just like this, sat in my garden.thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Helene E said...

awesome image. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous Teri! Love the new corners. That gargoyle is one of my faves EVER. xxD

Cazro said...

Your grotesque gargoyle certainly fits our challenge, he is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge for our A - Anything with Wings. Caz

mark gould said...

I love him Terri, He really is the perfect choice for the challenge. I love the new boarders that go with him. I love your style of layering your images and popping them up. x

I Don't Do Straight said...

Stunning! and so very intense, Love your artwork Teri :)