Friday, 23 November 2012

Angelique, with Snowflake

Hiya folks!

Phew, got away with nothing more than a bit of gusty wind and a couple of damp splodges (lol). Now the sun is out but still a bit blowy now and again. Hope you guys down south (in the UK) are all still in one piece after that storm? It seemed to pass us by after all the build up from the weather folk on telly. Sparing a few thoughts for the poor flooded out peeps, so close to Xmas too :(

On to this week's theme at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, which this time is 'Something that Flies'. Nice and easy right? Must be 'cause I actually got off my butt and made something for it!! lol.

I did promise some nicer Christmassy images after that nasty Santa one the other week didn't I?
Well you had the cute Festive Westie earlier, and now I'm here blabbing about this make on which I have used my 'Angelique with Snowflake' image:


 I have used some lovely textured cardstock in purple for the base and the flowers, layered with pearlescent white, gold mirri, and some dp's off the compy, including a lilac coloured snowflake one from my Snowflake Papers set.

I used punches for the flowers, with offcuts of the cardstock, and added pearls for their centres. I smeared metallic gold rub-on over the card edges, and the flower petals too for a bit of extra bling. I added some clear stickles to the white cardstock in the background, and also to my image in places (including her eyes and the snowflake - you'll have to look at the closeup piccie to see properly)


I also put some stickles and a gem on the big snowflake, and added more pearls and gems to the cardin the corners. Finally I added a huge hand-tied bow with a pearl on top.

Here is that closeup piccie, you can JUST about see the sparkle in her eyes:


Angelique was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils before being scanned back into the compy and printed off for fussy-cutting and layering up with foam pads.

I bought myself Serif Craft Artist2 last week, so I am trying to find some time to play with that and make up some papers and Decoupage (Pyramage) sheets. I mentioned it the other day after uploading a freebie paper, which was my first attempt at it, bit simple but not too shabby for a first attempt!

I am currently testing out a Pyramage sheet with my DT girls, so we'll see how that pans out as to whether or not I offer them in the shop in future.
As a matter of interest, would anybody out there buy them if I did offer them up?

Anyway - off to play, oh, and do some (swear word) housework (UGH!)
Catch ya later peeps!!
xxxx

Some challenges I'd like to enter -

Cute Card Thursday - Girls Only!
PaperPlay - Sweet Angel
Simply Create - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Use 2+dp's
Inky Impressions - Make it Girly
Bearly Mine - Snowflakes
Everybody Art - Angels
Papertake Weekly - Ribbon & Pearls
Crafty Cardmakers - More than one punch (5)
Corrosive Challenges - Flutter By



17 comments:

Chan BBChan said...

What A great card you have made Lovely colors and a sweet image!

Thanks you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Hugs
Betty

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card the image is coloured beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous choice of colours Teri honey..

Love love love this!

Hugs,
Your very own... Krafty Karen.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful card Teri.

greetings karin

Vicky said...

WOW.........she is totally gorgeous absolutely love the colouring on her she really is a stunner.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Teri this is so beautiful that image is stunning so are the colours and design thank you for joining our challenge this week at Bearly Mine
hugs
lorraine x

Vee Cassidy said...

such a stunning card, and wonderful image. Love, Vee xx

NGCARDS said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, love the colours and the image is fab
Lindsay xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Teri, what a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well. Yet another image I don't like - well I'd thought I'd try and trick you but you'll never believe me. She's gorgeous. You are one clever lady. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

fionalawlor said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our ‘More than 1 punch or Die-Cut Challenge’
Fiona x

Jackie said...

Fabulous image,beautifully coloured and great layout, gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Jackie (GD)

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, your image is stunning....Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Vicky said...

A gorgeous card Teri, I love that image and your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for joining our celebrations at Inky Impressions this week

hugs Vicky xxx

Kerry said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Teri, thanks for your kind comment. Hey I didn't know you had this blog lol, just HAD to join now, loving this image which I have too, yippee, it's gorgeous...luv to see your whole blog in a min...
luv annie

http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Andrea C said...

Very gorgeous card Teri xx