Monday, 12 November 2012

An Alternative Christmas

Mwuahahahahaaaaaa folks!

I so wish my kids were all grown up, then I could do a really alternative Christmas.

I'm not really a Christmas kind of gal. I don't hold it against anybody what they believe in, we all have different thoughts and faiths. That's what makes the world such an amazing place. I just HATE it when other peoples' beliefs are rammed down my throat without my approval. And I am happy to say that my kids are getting to be that way too. 'Each to their own', as they say, but LEAVE ME OUT OF IT! lol.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's just my thoughts and feelings. You carry on with your beliefs, just don't knock on my door and spout scripture at me and mine. Hee-heee!

Don't get me wrong! I was brought up with Christian values, and I try to install them in my children. Knowing right from wrong, feeling empathy for fellow humans and animals alike. Respect and all that. I just don't think we all need to be so zealous, obsessed or 'over the top' with it.

Anyway, I'm ranting here - ooopsies!
I popped by to upload a couple of Christmas, but NOT Christmas makes.
If you are easily offended please don't look any further, you WON'T like it!!!!


So, first up, something not too offensive in the shape of a Pagan style Christmas Tree wrapped with a snake and decked with skullies using my Delicious Doodles image,



Hmmm, not a great photo, a bit bleached out even though it was NOT sunny!

I used some pearlescent red card, black card, dp from the compy Spellbinders dies, gems and pearls from my stash, a gorgeous trim with big flowers that I found on ebay, and some sparkly red stickles. Here's a closer view:


My image was coloured with the usual watercolour pencils before being scanned and printed ready for fussy cutting and layering up with foam pads
 

Next up then is an alternative wreath for lovers of all things skully.
Using my image,



 Cardstock and gems from the stash, backings off the compy.
Sentiment is computer generated. Again, a closer view:



And finally, I saved the best (or worst!) 'till last.

Don't let your kiddies see this one!! 

This was made using my twisted Santa image,



 Darn, I hate photographing whites, they always bleach out!
This next one ain't much better. Different angle though:


Used some nice pearlescent red cardstock to back it all, a bit of copper coloured card, red and some brown bazill for the flower which I made using my one and only Tim Holtz die 'Tattered Flowers'.

Pearls and tassle trim are from the stash. Another closer view:


There. Told you it wasn't for the faint of heart! lol
Any followers left? lol

Next time, I'll be back with some more 'pleasing' imagery for you all. (maybe, lol)

Until then folks, I shall enter a couple of challenges (if they'll have me, mwuahahahaaaa!)


Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Forever Night - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy - Pearls and Flowers
Simply Create Too - Use Your Stash
Pink Elephant - Punches or Dies
Smudgy Antics - Twisted Sister (Oh YES)


25 comments:

Boni said...

You have made my day ! These are so wow got them all . Love the cards look great

Jenn Borjeson said...

I love your art and your beliefs, Teri. You rock. :) xo

Miranda said...

I'm not offended at all, feel almost the same...xms turned out to be one big eating /stuffing party not my cup a tea.....
LOVE your cards they are awesome, the santa skull is just fabulous
thanks for joining the forever night challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
DT

Zoe said...

I appreciate these style of images are very popular at the moment, but I just don't like them, they are fine for Halloween but for me that's where they end! However I love the rest of the cards the layout and your choice of backgrounds are really stunning, just my opinion Hun, hope I haven't offended you? Xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what stunning cards Teri, but my favorite is the one on top.

greetings karin

mark gould said...

I like the idea of an alternative Xmas. I don't use the c word. Love the rant too x. Awesome cards. Mark x

Linda said...

Not offended at all and I am so loving your cards! My favourite is the Bah Humbug card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

That's me, CG said...

I also wanted to say that I totally get where you're coming from... I'm an atheist, but I'm spirituality-friendly and sometimes I feel like religion really separates us instead of bringing us together (I also grew up with Christian ideals, and I remember well what Jesus said!) Anyhoo, I think these are AMAZING!!! Do you watch Futurama? There's an evil Santa robot on it that you'd probably find pretty funny! Best, CG (PS, your images and cards are always so gorgeous, love the eye candy!)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Teri: Thanks for joining in our "Use Your Stash - Challenge #26" at Simply Create Too.

Diane
Simply Create Too DesignTeam
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Avril Ann said...

You know how much I love your images Teri, your cards are superb, as you say each to their own, I do love christmas, but maybe that is because I am a December baby, LOL, but in saying that I love your alternative images and will be using some off them for my cards this year, hugs hun xxxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
Your cards are fabulous and fantastic love the images thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

*Vicki* said...

Such unique images and gorgeous details in your layout designs!! I love them all!!! Your coloring is amazing! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Fussy and Fancy Fridays ! Hope you will join us again!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

monique said...

Gorgeous santa lol not offended at all we at smeared ink love creepmas see there for more info bout the 12 days of christmas. Thanks for sharing at smudgy antics

~Lady B~ said...

Your cards and drawings are beyond fabulous! I've always admired your style. I am doing the happy dance because I now own each of the images you've displayed :D I doubt my creations will be as gorgeous as yours, but you can be sure they will make an appearance during Creepmas. Thank you so much for taking the time to play with Smudgy Antics this week. Me thinks you will have more orders rolling in soon :)

Kristina said...

Teri,
Not only are your new digis just FABULOUS! But, you have colored them all so well. I truly love each card! I love your lay-out, the way you arranged all of your embellishments! Your Art work is so stunning and inspirational to me all of the time! I am so happy that you shared your art with us at Smudgy Antics for our Twisted Sister challenge this week!
Peace,
Kristy
(SA DT)

Happycrafter Shell said...

I am really loving your new images Teri. Your card are just superb, I love every little detail in them all and couldn't pick a favourite between them if I tried they are all awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics xx

Mad Moose said...

A great set of cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi x

Vee Cassidy said...

These are all absolutely stunning, Teri. I already love your work as you know and I really enjoy seeing your completed designs too. Thanks for sharing. Vee xx

Ally White Cat said...

wonderful art..love your pieces..each one is awesomely made.
thanks for joining us at smudgy antics.
susan s.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous, and I'm right there with ya, Sweetie. (as you know)xxD

Craftyhugs said...

Lol your cards made me smile , especially the bag humbug one lmao. I too agree each to their own where Christmas is concerned. My opinion is its all about money at the moment and not about family or loved ones. I just get more and more stressed each Christmas die to finances and it shouldn't be that way. Anyway I love all your cards and your very talented!
Thank you so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody, Anything goes . Good luck and hope to see you at our next challenge! Hugs

Sharon - DT of Challenges 4 everybody xxx

PiHi said...

Nasty work in a good way! I love your coloring <3

ike said...

Absolutely stunningly fabulous Teri :-) Thank you for sharing your delights at Smudgy Antics this week :-D xxx

lisa aka b.creative said...

I love your new creepmas images and you did a great job on them! love the 3d effect on twisted santa. Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics "twisted sister" challenge.

Andrea C said...

These are all absolutely unique and fabulous cards x