Monday, 15 October 2012

RIP - Remembrance

Howdeeedoodleee folks!

Welcome to a lovely Monday morning (NOT) it's pi**ing down with rain and hail, black as the ace of spades out there, and I have to take the dog out in it. Mmmmm, nice.

Anyhows, today sees the start of a new theme at HDH Macabre Monday, and it's all about:

HDH155
"Rest In Peace"

You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that has anything to do with cemeteries, coffins, headstones, or funerals.
Any and all things resting in peace. Or pieces...


I kinda blew it with this one, not scarey enough really. I used my graveyard image last week for another make, so I couldn't very well use it again two weeks in a row now could I?
So I went with another new image released the other day, 'Remembrance':


 This is a frontage. I haven't stuck it to anything, so I could use it for a card, or make a picture out of it, or a wall hanging. I have used a couple of Nestabilities dies from a new set I bought on Saturday - yes, I went craft shopping!! First time in blooming ages!! Managed to keep it under £50 too - amazing!!


 My Remembrance image is coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned in and printed for fussy cutting and layering up with foam pads. Ta-da, job done. Took long enough though!! So much deciding what paper to use. Gave up in the end and stayed with blank cardstock.


So there you have it folks. Not too scarey this time!! lol
Hope you all have a great day. I'm away to go and get soaked, ugh!
xxx


Some challenges I am entering -

Craft Punked - Deepest Sympathy (hope this one fits)
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes
Simply Create - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Dies/Punches



16 comments:

AngelusCrafts said...

Ive really got to get those dies....they look amazing. :O).....really love the images too :O)

DonnaMundinger said...

your image is hauntingly beautiful. I always think graves are haunting, some more peaceful than others. and I'm telling you, you couldn't have chosen more elegant framing. Gorgeous! xxD

Jingle said...

This is actually quite beautiful! Love the die cut frames! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning and gorgeous card Teri.

greetings karin

caroline spice said...

Fantastic Creation . I adore the dies and the flowers are stunning xx

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Teri. your image is perfect and the dies are gorgeous!

Lise Cooke said...

wow this is a amazing card, so strong, a brilliant image and i love the dies you have used, it is stunning xxxx

s4rah said...

Great project, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Andrea C said...

Stunning Teri. xx

Ildiko Cseh said...

I LUV your card and the frame is stunning I WANT it too lol, what's the name of it
hugs
Ildz

mark gould said...

Totally beautiful Teri. I love that image, very very classy, I love the plain card stock, it really makes the image pop.

Trish Hughes said...

holy cow, your card is stunning!!!!! thanks for sharing with simply create!!!!

Joy said...

Oh my gosh this is the most stunning work of art...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Vicky said...

Oh sweetie I sooooooooo love this its gorgeous love these remembrance flowers & those dies are very drool worthy hun. Good for you hun you deserve to be treated & those dies sure are lush.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

CraftyNess said...

Very striking card - thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week x

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous love the image which is coloured so beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx