Monday, 29 October 2012

Homage to Hammer

How ya doin' folks?

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Sparing my thoughts for all my American blogging/facebooking buddies with that nasty oncoming storm. Hope you all get through it in one piece!!

Also thinking of a little old man MISSING in the FOCHABERS area since yesterday!! Apparently he was out with a walking group and just vanished. He's in his 80's and has some type of dementia. I really hope they find him soon!!

Right. On to my post for today, in which I have actually MADE something!! Woo-hooooo!!
This is my DT posting for Macabre Monday, and this time we are paying homage!

HDH157
"Hammer House of Horror"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that is a tribute to Hammer Films http://www.hammerfilms.com


I can't profess to have seen every singly movie brought out by these guys, but I did rather enjoy watching the Dracula ones with Christopher Lee. It was this collection of movies that got me into Vampires and 'the dark side' of things! So naturally I just HAD to do me a sketch of the man himself. And I even got round to popping him on a card front:


It's not a full card. I don't send cards very often, especially with gothic/dark subject matter, so I just make the frontages now. Saves a bit on card costs too!! lol

So, I made me a dp using my Cobweb image, added some 'blood splatter' in photoshop, printed it and put that on some red cardstock. Then I made the frame with a spellbinders die, and put that on some more of the same card and trimmed it to fit. I added some gems for a bit of bling.

Mr Lee was sketched, scanned and printed for layering, and then placed on the top of the frame. Last thing was to add some black pearls to the four corners.


And there you have it, quite a simple make!

Right, off to do some chores. Might even offer my services in the search for the missing guy.

I'll be back later to add some challenges.



7 comments:

Caroline said...

Fab card Teri. Caroline xxx

Vicky said...

Oh this is totally awesome sweetie my hubster loves C.Lee films it also got him into vampires, we love a good vampire movie. He will watch any where I will only watch good ones, cant stand the corny bad acting ones lol. Your sketch of him really is utterly fantastic hun, you are so blooming talented lassy.

Hope they find the poor old man especially in this cold weather we are having, fingers crossed he's ok bless him.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Andrea C said...

Seriously brilliant Teri. Your goth cards are the bees knees x

mark gould said...

Awesome, I did not think this image was taken from the net but did not want to seem like a dumb ass if I asked if you drew it, really love it.
going to put him in your store??

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning card Teri.

greetings karin

Karen said...

This is amazing sweetie. Love it.xx

Vee Cassidy said...

A brilliant make, Teri love the sketch. Vee xx