Monday, 1 October 2012

Creepy Cryptids

Hellllooooooo folks!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was spend 'under the weather' with a self-inflicted pub related ailment - me BAD, lol. All better now though.

I managed to whizz up this card front to show for today's new theme at Macabre Monday, which this time is all about:

HDH153
"Creepy Cryptids"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that has something to do with a creature or plant whose existence has been suggested but is unrecognized by scientific consensus and often regarded as highly unlikely!  Think Loch Ness Monster, Yeti, even Faeries.


Yeah, well. I went with a Mermaid, and one with attitude too! lol


This is a brand new image, due for release into the Delicious Doodles Shop on Wednesday.
It is called, 'Mermaid's Revenge'.
 
I coloured her in with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned into the compy and printed for my fussy cut layers. The frame is a spellbinders one which I added lots of little gems to. This was layered onto pearlescent purple card and then I cut round the frame so you can't see the edges. Then I layered that onto textured purple card, then popped it all onto some black Kanban card with a lovely damask pattern on.


A bit of glittery stickles, ribbon, bow and some more gems and the job was done. Took me long enough mind you. I just couldn't decide on my colours for the cardstock!!

Hope you all have a great day!
xxx


4 comments:

Andrea C said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Teri xx

mark gould said...

Beautiful Teri. the new mermaid is killing it, she has turned out fantastically.

Vee Cassidy said...

I love this, Teri; she is not only beautiful but she is taking names and kicking ass! Vee xx

Vicky said...

Oh sweetie this is awesome I love how her tail comes out of the frame. Lush colours hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx