Monday, 8 October 2012

Bats in the Belfry

Hiya folks!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend? Ours was spent frustratingly trying to get some new techno stuff to work on the compy. Some of the time it works, but other times it won't have it. Blame the hubby - he put it on there!! LOL

I did manage to jump on and work up my DT piece for Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House. This week we are all going a bit batty:

HDH154
"Bats in the Belfry"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that has anything to do with a bats.  Think belfries, church steeples and all round general battiness!


I have created a new scene for this week's theme. This will be going in my shop just as soon as I have finished working on the lines a bit more. Although I did cheat with this make and coloured in a version of it that isn't finished properly.
The image is called 'The Graveyard':


 Like I said, I printed it out unfinished and shaded with a graphite pencil and a black waterclour pencil. That's all I did to it, then scanned it back in and printed it three times for my layers.


 Here is a close-up piccie:


Nice and spooky for ya! And hopefully just in time for Halloween too!!
Now to just get the thing finished up and ready for sale!

Some Challenges -

Crafty Calendar - All Things Spooky
Polka Doodles - Things with Wings (Bats)
Poodles Parlour - Halloween
Craft Us Crazy - Halloween/Anything Goes
MAWTT - In The Dark
Quoth the Raven - Anything Goes


32 comments:

Andrea C said...

I absolutly love this Teri. Fab dig but even better with your amazing card. x

ike said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creation and fabulous dimension :-) x

Jane Songhurst said...

Fabulous work, perfect stamping
Jane xx

jane stillman said...

This is fabulous, really spooky x

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous card Teri, look stunning.

greetings karin

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! LOVING the new image! Fabulously spooky and your dimension ROCKS! xxD

Happycrafter Shell said...

I have got to get this image! Very spooky looking :D
Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven xxx

Betty said...

Love that image. You have made a fab card with it.Thank you for joining us at Poodles Parlour this time and good luck in the challenge
Bettyxxx

Zoe said...

I have to say, I'm not really into these goth/vampy type images! This however is great for Halloween, very clever technique xxx

Doreen said...

What a fabulous image.xxx

Kate M said...

Really spooky card!
Kate
xx

Linda said...

WOW Teri, this is awesome!!!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Danie May said...

Teri this is fabulous! I am loving the spooky image and your bats! xx

Sam Healey said...

OMG - this is amazing, I love it!! xxx

mark gould said...

ooooo did not realise this was going to be a new digi, Its brilliant, so moody. x

norine said...

This is amazing!! Love all the layers and dimension!! So glad you could join us at Polka Doodles for our Wings and Things challenge!!

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

this is fab emma xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Teri this is brilliant, what a stunning creation, Love it.Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

sparklingblackrose said...

Really lovely Teri! Elaine-xxx-

Clare said...

Wow Teri your card is stunning hun, I love it. Hope you are keeping well lovely!. So good to see you playing over at Polka Doodles and good luck for the challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Big hugs Clare xxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Teri you have again surpassed yourself and given us a piece so beautiful I'm almost speechless. I love it. Thank you xx

ike said...

Yay - how wonderful to see you at Quoth The Raven with your awesome piece. Thank you for joining us this time Teri :-D xxx

Vicky said...

OMG.......this is super awesome sweetie love this scene & I love how you have 3d-d (its a word, its in the Victionary lol) it up it really does look fantastic.

Ner I've not come out of my cutesie phase tbh it was a mix up over on the DT blog the challenge was halloween at 1st lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mau xx said...

Brilliant!! What a great Halloween card Teri. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT
Hugs mau xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Stunning, love the new image and the frame and background colour are gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Gwyneth said...

Fantastic image. You are very tallented.

Claire Newcombe said...

I must say this is my favourite Halloween card that i have seen. Stunning black and white line/pencil image and the subtle decoupage is just genius.

Claire

shell said...

AMAZING, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
Shell xx

Cgra said...

Great image - I love it. Beautiful creation as always.

Susan said...

Teri this is awesome! I love the image :)
Susan

Claudia said...

Hello Teri,

that's fantastic! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia

blackdragon said...

Love your graveyard Teri...thanks for sharing with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN BDx