Monday, 3 September 2012

Bare Bones

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well and had a good weekend? Yesterday was spent in the kitchen cooking the sunday roast, can't believe it took me three hours! Why? The darned element in the fan oven popped again, so now I am without my oven!! Luckily I have a Combination Oven/Microwave too, so I spent all that time putting one thing at a time in there and roasting it. What a pain!!

Anyway, today sees another new theme over at Macabre Monday, and we want to see your Bare Bones! Yup, we are going CAS this time, rather difficult me thinks, and I almost did it! lol

HDH149
"Bare Bones"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that uses NO dimensional embellishments. That's right.
No rhinestones, no pearls, no ribbons, no chipboard.
Pretty much a clean and simple layout. It doesn't have to be
a single layer card, but no bumpy bits.


Ooopsies, I have a few bumpy bits on mine - but I got carried away and forgot all about it being CAS, added the pearls and let the glue dry. I WAS going to add some gems too, and then I remembered the 'no embellies' bit - bother, and I couldn't take the blooming pearls off by then! Anyroadup, here is what I made:


 It's not an ATC, or a card, or anything in particular just now.

The image is a new one for Halloween and is part of a little range of images I am creating named the 'Halloweenies' this one is 'Vamp'. This one will be available in the shop on Wednesday, along with some other stuff. In case you wondered, it's meant to be a girl with ponytails in the shape of batwings. Hmmm, didn't really work there properly did it? lol


It is coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned and printed then fussy cut for layering. I stuck it on some glittery purple card, then on a frame I made with a MS punch set. THEN I went and added them blummin' pearls - DOH !!

Hope you guys can do better than I did with the Clean and Simple look!

xxx

16 comments:

Andrea C said...

Very cool. I love her bloodied fingers hehe. She rocks. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a lovely card Teri.

greetings karin

Linda said...

This image is great Teri, loving the colours too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Aletha J. Williams said...

She is darling, yet a little disturbing at the same time. Thanks so much for all your inspiration!

Joan Macdonald said...

This is great, scary but great :-)

Joan x

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute! She's obviously a hungry little minx. Love it, and for you I'd say it IS CAS. Brava! LOL xxD

mark gould said...

She is awesome teri, and the colour up works really well, green and purple really work so well together.
I hope the beatings we give you for the pearls wont hurt to much ;) xxxx

caroline spice said...

Wow i love this and the die cutting around the edge of the card is "FANGTASTIC"

XX

I Don't Do Straight said...

Love this one Teri! Love the way she is coming out of the frame :)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fab card ...love the gothic looking frame to the card. Suzanne x

Danie May said...

Gorgeous! I love the beautiful frame and the way the image is coming out of the frame and the fabulous coloring! xx

Kate M said...

Great card - suoer image
Kate
xx

sam said...

fab card and the image is wicked xx

~Lady B~ said...

Creepy cute image and fabulous card! I especially like the bloody smudges around the little vamp's mouth and on her fingers and palms, Great work!

Kay Dalton said...

i realy love this

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is freakin' awesome I love how her hands are coming out the frame all 3d-d up.......not sure if its a word but its in the Victionary thats for sure (cus I just added it lol). I struggle with CAS hun & to me this is CAS........howay anything that doesnt contain gems & flowers is CAS lol.
Hope things are going ok up there hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx