Monday, 17 September 2012

A Little Witchy Number

Hiya folks!

Man, what a weekend!
Spent Saturday organising the teenage daughter's birthday doo. Putting up the tent in the garden took a while, not to mention shopping for goodies to eat and drink for her and three mates. They stayed in the tent overnight - too darned LOUD to stay in! Then they  had the nerve to stay up ALL NIGHT watching dvd's! So no sleep here either as the dog went crazy every time they used the bathroom - ARRGHH!

So yesterday was spent picking up the pieces and tidying up, cooking Sunday lunch, and catching up with things with a fuzzy sleep deprived head. Needless to say my make for today was rather delayed. BUT here I am now with a very simple offering for this week's Macabre Monday Challenge. The theme this time is:

HDH151
"I'm melting!!!"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that has something to do with
melted wax, candles, witches, or melted flesh.
The possibilities really are endless with this one.
It's time to start tapping into your Halloween spirit,
and create something seasonally spectacular!


I went with the 'witches' part of this one, and whizzed up a quick ATC sized easel card using one of my new Halloweenie images - WitchyPoo:


 The image was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned and printed to the right size. Then I just made a quick easel card and layered the image and Best Witches Sentiment on some orange card before adding them to the base.


(Excuse the finger in the shot, but there is a note underneath the flap that I had to conceal as it is private.)

OK, well I need to nip this in the post ASAP, so I'll be off now then! ttfn folks!

Some challenges -

Corrosive - Animal Companions
Stamptacular - Less is More
Simply Create - Anything Goes


12 comments:

mark gould said...

I love these new images Terri,they are so cool,I wish I could draw like that. I still have probs colouring up images and making cards reminds me I have no friends to send them too ;) lol x

Andrea C said...

Super cute and so tiny xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Teri this is really fab! :-) Elaine-xxx-

Fran said...

Wow I love the images, looks great xx

Joan Macdonald said...

This is a great Halloween picture.

Joan x

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Adorable little easel card! Perfect for the challenge and the recipient.
Hugs!
Glo

Vicky said...

This is awesome sweetie & you realise how small this is til you see your finger lol. Love the image hunni.

Hope your daughter had a fab birthday, hope you've caught up on sleep as well now lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

I Don't Do Straight said...

Such a cute image Teri...... love the cat :)

DonnaMundinger said...

How cute is that!? Love the size and fab image and as usual, your coloring is top notch. xxD

Erica said...

Great art work and coloring. What's not to like about this...did you say quick?...easel card.
Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too's no. 22 anything goes challenge.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Frances said...

This is a lovely card, Teri! Love your design and coloring. Thanks for sharing at Stamptacular Challenges, hugs, Frances.

Beate said...

A wonderful card Teri, the kitty is too cute :)
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge #22.
Beate