Thursday, 2 August 2012

Quiet Contemplation

Hiya folks!

Thought it was about time I got a flipping card made, can't remember the last time I did - must be at least a month ago :(

Well I went on me jollies for a week or so, and of course, you know how that throws everything out of kilter. I'm only just getting back to some sort of normality now (if that included doing out the bathroom, that is).

Anyways, I HAVE done a make, and this one uses the new Oriental style image that was just released in the Delicious Doodles Shop -



Isn't she just so graceful and serene?

I coloured her in with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned and printed out twice for a simple layered effect. This was matted onto a couple of frameabilities shapes that I trimmed one of and added to the other to make it longer, as it was a square originally.


The band in the middle is cut with an MS Border punch. DP's are some old Papermania Oriental ones I have had lying about for ages, matted onto black bazill. The flower is cut from the same stock using a couple of flower punches and a large gem placed in the middle.


I have added a load of gems, and some black pearls too, just for a bit of bling and to tie it all together.

Now, to find some challenges -

Crazy Amigos - Dies and Punches
Die Cuttin' Divas - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
(sorry, I omitted the sentiment because I don't use them)

20 comments:

Linda said...

This is fabulous Teri! I love the image and the layout is stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jane stillman said...

Oh wow! what a card, you may have been on your jollies, but you haven't left your talent there! lol fabulous

Marleen Gallagher said...

WOW what a beautiful card. I just love that image, she is really beautiful. well done xxx

sparklingblackrose said...

This is gorgeous Teri, love your colours :-) Elaine-xxx-

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! I love the image and you colored her beautifully!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Paper Playtime DT

Creative Diva said...

Wow! This is such a stunning card. Perfect colors. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Stunning! Xxx

Cliona Larkin said...

Oh wow. This is just stunning. Absolutely stunning. Became a follower......fab.

Valerie said...

This is a beautiful card! I like the intricate frame around the image too! Well done!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card. Great colors. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Chris said...

WOW this is stunning. Chris xx

Kate M said...

This is so beautiful!
Kate
xx

she3655 said...

Wow I love your card teri, the image is Stunning, and the colours you've used are Fab, it's gorgeous xx Im now a follower x

Tracey Singleton said...

Really beautiful !!

ju said...

You have done a stunning job with that image..Beautiful ! xx

Melissa said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!! We are so glad to have you play with us at Seems a little Sketchy!

Visit my blog for a stamp set give-a-way! http://8ers.blogspot.com

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Teri, fab image.

greetings karin

Kay Dalton said...

stunning simply stunning!

Andrea C said...

Gorgeous card Teri xx

Vicky said...

Hi my sweetie this is just gorgeous & yes very serene.....if only we could feel like that lol.
Hope you had a wonderful holiday shug you certainly deserved one hun. Its lovely being back I've missed your bloggy hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx