Monday, 13 August 2012

Hiding in the Corners

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a lovely crafty weekend? Mine was busy, but I didn't seem to accomplish anything, WTF's that all about?? I also spent a flipping AGE making this here card for this week's Macabre Monday theme, which is:

HDH146
"Hiding in the Corners"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that is obviously adorned in the corners.
It doesn't matter if it's an ATC, a painting, or a 3D project.
It must have something lurking in or on it's corners.
As usual, creepy cute will work, but the Minions really get
a warm and fuzzy feeling when we see beautifully scary,
tastefully macabre, and gorgeously Gothic inspired pieces.
Just sayin'.


 Well, I must have made this card at least three times in my efforts to be happy with it, anyway, enough moaning, here it is:


I have used my brand new image which is being added to the Delicious Doodles Shop on Wednesday. It is called 'Black Widow' and features a load of yucky spiders (who also like to lurk in corners!). A perfect choice for Halloween makes for you dark and creepy DD fans, lol.

Anyroadup - my backings are layered card on black bazzil, and some yummy textured card from Kanban (Cornucopia). This was in my stash, and has totally run out now - MUST get some MORE!!

The webby dp is one I made up myself using my Cobweb image.


I added a yummy strip of black trim, and hand-tied a huge bow from black organza ribbon. The four corners have a die-cut piece in them, inked and smudged with metallic rub-on, then topped with a wee gold gem. I also added a little gem to the corners of the image frame.

Here is a close-up of the coloured image, done using my watercolour pencils, scanned, printed and layered up:


And finally another view of the finished card.

Hope you can all join us this time folks, you could win a voucher to spend at the Stitchy Bear Store who are sponsoring us at Macabre Monday this week. (BTW, my images are on sale there too!!)


Some challenges I am entering -

Just Some Lines - Lots of Layers
Craft Your Passion - Gone Buggy (spiders)
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - Pearls or Rhinestones (gems)
Fetch a Sketch - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp + Show - Favourite Technique (layering and decoupage)


25 comments:

Vee Cassidy said...

Brilliant card, very beautful and creepy too. Vee xx

Sam Healey said...

Oh I just love this creepy image - really amazing ;o) xxx

Linda said...

Oh Teri this is fantastic. I love the colours and the image is stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Mian said...

This is a gorgeous, creepy card! Perfect Halloween card!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Simply Create Too.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Zoe said...

Very well made card love the background, sorry but not keen on the vampire ish images, but would rather leave a nice and honest comment than not at all! However I appreciate these theme cards are very popular at present their just not to my taste xxx please do be offended xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Teri
Your card is wonderful the image is amazing even with the spiders.
Janet

Doreen said...

Fabulous card,great image.xxx

Visible Image said...

I love this! Looks stunning. Fantastic layout and I can see how much work has gone into it. Helen xx

Andrea C said...

Your card is insanely brilliant. Loving your new image xx

Laine said...

Stunning Teri, Fabulous image, so much detail. Love your card design. Amazing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us on TPC this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Has an artsy spooktacular look to it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Kate M said...

Great card - really creepy!
Kate
xx

Nicky Wilcox said...

Wow love the image and the black backing paper is fantastic xxx Nicky x

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous card and design Teri.

greetings karin

caroline spice said...

Another truly fantastic card :) xx

~ginny said...

Hooooeeeee! You hit Macabre alright! I like those spiders on her body and her eye tatoos /makeup(?) The cobwebs in the corners are perfect and my eye is especially drawn to the red border line around the image. Beautifully done Teri!
I am so glad you joined the challenge this week, and hope to see you again!
Stampe Diem ~ginny
DT - Craft Your Passion

DonnaMundinger said...

Exquisite! I sure have been missing your fabulous stuff! LOVE this new image. (Well duh! I love ALL your images, but especially the dark ones!) xxD

jackid said...


This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
Jacki xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

OMG Teri, I LOVE this! When I saw it on the HDH blog, I thought "Hey - how did I miss that image and not buy it????" So you will see me as one of the first people purchasing it tomorrow! ;) Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines, too. xo

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabby card with the DT from SSS and S, love the colors that you have used and your image is just great, thankss for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

The short holiday appears to have fired that drawing hand into a creative genius. LOVE the new image on this fabulous card xxx

judit said...

Wow, stunning! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky and hope to see you soon! We've got a new challenge starting today - Angels and Fairies! :) hugs, judit x

Gale said...

This is a great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Crafting Journey and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale

Cgra said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and how subtle the background textures are with the paper and the lace.

Tip Top said...

This is stunning!! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges