Monday, 27 August 2012

Bad Moon Rising

Hiya folks!

It's a soggy morning here in NE Scotland, just back from my morning walkies and having to get changed already. The forecast is naff to say the least, not much chance of seeing any moon tonight!

Talking of moons (see the link there. . .) the new theme over at Macabre Monday is:

HDH148
"Bad Moon Rising"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that depicts a BIG BAD MOON.
Make it full, waxing, waning or crescent. Just make it big
and the main focus of your wonderfully wicked project.
Cute will get you in the door, but the Dungeon prefers things
creepy and dark.

And we have a sponsor in the shape of 'On Cupcake Moon'.

I have used my image Luna La Lupa (Wolf Moon) for this card:


I made it into a twisted easel this time. I do like these, although I do struggle in thinking up ways to make the thing stand other than flowers! lol.


My base card is purple core-dinations, with black card and mirri, and a printed dotty dp. The frame round the image is also a printed one, both from the pooter. Corners punched with a MS corner punch, and that piece was layered onto mirri and cut to shape. There is also a large mirri card circle beneath, meant to simulate a moon, although you can hardly see it, lol.


 Flowers are made using spare card and various punches, with a gem for the centres.

The image also has a moon, behind the girl and wolves. I have coloured my image with watercolour pencils, and scanned it in to reproduce the layers for my 3D effect. Here is a close-up:


And finally a face view of just the front:


Right, that's it from me today. Off to fill up the bath and have a nice, relaxing soak. After entering some other challenges that is! TTFN folks!

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Come and Get It - 3D Flowers
Great Impressions - Walk on the Wildside
Gem of a Challenge - Animals or Teddies
Craft Your Days Away - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes



28 comments:

Pascale Mitchell said...

Gorgeous Teri I love the colouring on the Wolves/Huskies xxx I love this image xxx

Sheila said...

Lovely card Teresa, love the colours x

Andrea C said...

So gorgeous and classy xx

Karen said...

Sweetie I'm in awe of your colouring - the fur especially!!!!
Speechless at such beauty!xx

Amelia Thorneycroft said...

gorgeous card, gorgeous title picture! thank you so much for sharing with us at "Challenges4Everybody".
good luck! - Amelia

Tori said...

Teri - you're work is just amazingly stunning....Great coloring and beautifully crafted. You're inspiring!

:)tOri

Jennifer Shults said...

Beautiful card! I love how deep and rich the colors of this are! Thanks so much for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Manderly said...

Wow! Teri, I had no icea that you made cards also! I love your digis and now to see you create with one is a special treat. This is superb. Love your coloring and the moon! Thank you much for entering ATC's and Cards With Attitude Challenge! You can also enter your card in our Fat Pages Challenge. The link is on the ATC challenge site. Great sponsors there too! Hoping to see more of your creations!
Manderly
xxxooo

Kate M said...

Great colouring - great card
Kate
xx

ike said...

Very nice - loving that new digi. Great flowers too :-)
Sorry you are a bit soggy up there :-( xxxxx

Chris said...

Fabulous card loving the colours. Chris xx

mark gould said...

Wow, so much detail going on and the colour combo is fantastic.
mark x

Jan Ltc said...

Gorgeous xx Jan

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What an amazing card Teri - the rich colouring is fabulous. Love the twisted easel design, and your digi image is awesome.
Thank you so much for joining us at FYI.
Sylvia x

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

love the image and those flowers are fantastic emma xx

Sazzle said...

Teri I love your card and your colouring is fantastic :-)

Thanks for joining us over at A Gem of a Challenge for our animals challenge - good luck!

xx Sazzle xx

Gwyneth said...

I love how you've gone about creating dimension by layering your coloured in image. The whole card is stunning with you.

Vicky said...

Oh blinking eck hun this is totally & utterly amazing.......WOWWWWWWWWW. I'm canny lost for words actually, I know there's a first hun lol. I love the wolves they look amazing I cant stop staring at them!!

Tha weather was cack here yesterday as well hun typical bank hol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Judy McKay said...

Teri - very interesting card. I love your color choices and image. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges this week.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Teri, Love the image, and those flowers are perfect. Thanks for joining us again at Come and Get it this week.

Purple mad Alison said...

Hi Teri, Your card is just gorgeous, I love your images.
Great colours.
Thanks for joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x

dstandard said...

Beautiful image and coloring! Fab card! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Beautifully composed card Teri! Love how you have layered the images on the twisted easel card!

Thanks for joining us for the "FLOWERS" Challenge at Come and Get It this week!

Shell~Alaska♥

Julie said...

Wow - this is fab!!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our final challenge - Anything Goes.

Hugs - Julie x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I keep coming back and looking and forgot to leave you some bloggy love :( I just love the colours you've used here Teri. Just so beautiful xx

DonnaMundinger said...

I'm a little late here, Chickie, but I had to tell you how much I adore thais image and the colors you chose are beyond fabulous. xxD

Vee Cassidy said...

Dear Teri an absolutely amazing card the image is wonderful (of course!) and love the colouring and texture in your beautiful card. I too love the twisted easel. Vee xx ps I hopped over to see from today's DT card for HDH - which is brilliant I am guessing he did not get the red fingers and mouth from strawberry ice lolly? xx

Abbie721 said...

Hi Teri, love love love this card and such a gorgeous image. Thank you for joining ATC's this fortnight Abbie (Owner) xx