Tuesday, 14 August 2012

A CAS Card - maybe. . .

Hiya folks!

Ha-ha! Nothing from me for weeks, then two cards in two days! I thought I would do me a card just for the sake of it today. Been meaning to have a go at another CAS card, so I thought this week's challenge over at Less Is More (one layer) would suit just fine. And here it is:


I have used my Delicious Doodles image 'Tiger' for this one, as the Less is More theme is for 'Fur or Feathers'. I was going with a peacock feather, but it just didn't look right, so this is what I went with in the end. Even then I just HAD to pop a dotty border round it! lol. Hope that's allowed? Here is a close-up of the image, to which I added a border, and under which I added a sentiment (for a change!)


So that is it then, or so I thought. . .


*********************************************


I'm sorry, but I just couldn't do it. I am just hopeless at leaving a card like that with nothing else on it. I just wasn't happy with the look as it was.

So off I went and added some punched flower and leaf shapes, and some stickles and inky edges, and for some extra bling, a few pearls! Tee-hee. And here is the card with added froo-froo:


 Aaaahhhh, that's better! lol. Amazing what a bit of bling can do. It's still a fairly simple card, just not so 'clean' any more! Here is a close-up of the punched flower shape, with inky edged petals and stickles added. There is also some stickles around the image border, which you can just make out here:


So there you have it folks! A CAS card which ended up not so CAS !! lol.

Feel free to disqualify if you like Lim-ettes!

Right, lets find a few challenges to enter this into then -

Papertake Weekly - Spots and Stripes (spotty border, stripey Tiger!)
The Paper Girls - Birthdays
Catered Crop - White
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Forever Friends (monthly) - Black and White (+animal)


28 comments:

Karen said...

Hehehe - got me chuckling!

Super gorgeous card hun (both of them!) Smiling.

Adore the inked flowers.

Hugs n happy crafting,
Karen.xx

Marlena M. said...

I thought the CAS was fantastic...the embellished one is too!

Pinkllilac said...

These are just gorgeous Teri, love the colours and your design is beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I love both versions!! xx

Lau W said...

Oh love your card, with and without flower lol ! The image is beautiful !
xxx

scrapclose2theheart said...

I loved it without the flowers but sometimes we get to where we feel like it needs a little something extra. Your card looks GGRREAT! Are you too young for "Tony the Tiger"? :)

Linda said...

Stunning! I so love this CAS card Teri and the image is awesome.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Nicky Wilcox said...

OMG it fantastic love it. Nicky xxx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

As the shock of your CAS card wears off, I just have to comment. But then I see that the old Teri has returned to add some more dimension to the Tiger card. Beautifully done, either way.

sassy said...

oh my what a super card thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Crafty catz..hugs sassyxxx

jane stillman said...

lol, such a gorgeous image and the flower and leaves finish it off beautifully x

Zoe said...

Absolutely stunning, with and without xx

caroline spice said...

Stunning....What a beautiful image and the flower is lush x

Barbara said...

I love what you've done on both, but like you, I always feel the need to add just a teeny bit more :) That's a fabulous image, and looks so good without colour xxx

donemark crafts said...

Like it both ways but do love your inked flowers.
Kaz.xx

Julia said...

Loved the first version but the second one is gorgeous. Beautiful flower.

Wendy L said...

Love your tiger and your flower. Great card. xxx

Chrissie said...

This is a super card Teri, although I prefer this regal subject without the additional embellishments.
Sadly you have linked it to too many challenges for us at "Less is More" where we have a maximum of 5 allowed!
Thanks
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Janette said...

Very sweet card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

carol said...

Oh i like this CAS card,love the flower, so glad you played along with CRAFTY CATZ this week, X Carol

Gibmiss said...

Hi Teri
Fabulous card.... Gorgeous image....
Thanks for joining us at FF. monthly Challenge
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely stunning, such a beautiful image, you are a very talented lady
Lindsay xx

Blankina said...

I love both cards, but the one with the flower is my favourite! Thanks for joining the black and white montly forever friends challenge...
FF DT Blankina

Erica B. said...

Great card! I think my sister would love this one! LOL Thanks for joining in at the Paper Girls Challenge blog!

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous card hun, great take on our challenge! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

Charity Becker said...

the inking and stickles on the puched flower are perfet. Thanks for linking with the Paper Girls

jessica said...

such a gorgeous CAS, Monochromatic card! love the image and love the sentiment!
Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Creative Inspirations Paint~ Inspired By: Monochromatic Challenge. Hope you see you join in for our next challenge!
Jessica
CIP~ DT

Angela said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is absolutely stunning...love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Forever Friends!