Monday, 2 July 2012

Vile Vintage (not!)

Hiya folks!

This week's theme over at Macabre Monday had me scratching my head I'm sad to say. Totally blanked out on this one, I don't know why. I don't think I understood the brief totally either!

HDH140
"Vile Vintage"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
take something vile and make it appear vintage, or maybe use something vintage that would be considered vile!
 
Oh dear, this is what I came up with. A new image named 'Thorne',
available on Wednesday in the Delicious Doodles Shop


Not sure what I was thinking, but there isn't anything 'vile' about this creation! I did try making a barbed wire frame to go with her tatt, but failed miserably with that. I went with this vintage style frame instead which is from a digi-kit at Just So Scrappy.


I added some gems and smeared some metallic copper rub-on over it. I printed the corner directly onto the dp, which is also digital. Then I added brown ink before sanding the edges a bit and adding black ink. Then I layered it onto some black card and smeared more rub-on at the edges.


I found a couple of metallic brads which look kinda oldy-worlde and put them on too. The 'fleur-de-lys lacey strip is also digital and got printed onto the dp. I have added some red ink to the dp round the frame to add a bit of richness to it. Looked a bit flat.

'Thorne' is coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned into the compy and printed out for layering up with foam pads. I also printed a couple more flowers to go in the bottom left corner. Just to even things up a bit.

Right, off to sulk in the corner of the dungeon now then. LOL.

Some challenges -

Crafty Catz - Use Metal (brads)
Totally Papercrafts - Use a digi
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes

18 comments:

ike said...

Well I think she's totally stunning and the whole thing has a vintage feel to it.... even though it's not vile LoL I can never imagine you forcing yourself to do anything vile.... deffo NOT your style Teri :-) She totally rocks :-D xxxxxxxxxxx

tilly's crafts said...

fantastic card, love that image and the colours you've used. thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Kim x

Sylvia Anderson said...

I love everything about your card Sweetie x

Andree said...

This is definately not "vile", she is another very beautiful lady. I do love the vintage feel though x

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Thorne (LOVE the name btw) is gorgeous and couldn't be turned vile even if I tried! Lovely creation this week Teri. I really admire your use of paper to give the illusion of dimension. That frame is fabulous! I like the way you bend and sand the paper to give dimension and weight to the frame. Brilliant!

DonnaMundinger said...

You're so funny, Teri! I think she's gorgeous and I'll bet she's thinking some pretty vile thoughts. LOL Love the frame and your fantastic layering. xxD

Natascha said...

Wow, love your project. Great design and coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mines "Anything goes" Challenge. Good luck and hugs,
Natascha

Kristina said...

Teri,
I just love your new digi! She is stunning! I love your card too that frame is way cool! Your coloring is awesome! I truly love this card!! It's beautiful! Your right not vile at all but oh well it's FABO anyways!
Peace,
KristyLee

Andrea C said...

Your cardmaking skills are equal to your drawing skills which in turn produces some brilliant little pieces of art. xxx

Linda said...

I am new to your blog and had a mossy around. I love your card and the dark colours and image are fabulous and not "vile" at all. Good luck in the challenges.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

carol said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ X Carol

Kay Dalton said...

love this , the colour of her hair is fab

cotnob said...

WOW! This is a fab card, I love your image with all of the black.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

I Don't Do Straight said...

Teri this is gorgeous! the image is beautiful and you have nailed the vintage..... FAB :)

Scrappy Scatty said...

This is lovely
Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz
Love Jan
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning card, beautiful made teri.

greetings karin

Cgra said...

Beautiful card, as always. Perhaps she's thinking something vile, yes?

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ. xxx