Friday, 6 July 2012

Honest, it IS summer!

Hiya folks!

I hope you aren't suffering with all the weird weather of late? We have had so much grey stuff recently, the veggies are suffering for it. Not many bees about either. And here we are slap bang in the middle of our great British Summer! Now there's a laugh. We do happen to have some muggy sunshine today though which is a blessing. At least I can get some washing dry on the line!

Speaking of summer, our challenge at Delicious Doodles this fortnight is:

Summer Holidays

This is our last challenge for the summer, as we are taking a well deserved break while all the kids are off and we all head off for some jollies. BUT we will be back in September! We are also losing two DT members, Claire and Jodi. I am sorry to see you go ladies. I've really enjoyed working with you, and have loved your fabulous creations. Wishing you both well in the future!!

For my card today I have used 'Rosalee':


When I think of summertime, I think of the gorgeous fragrance of the lovely roses in the garden. My Mum has always had a bed of Roses, and I remember sniffing those in the summers as a child. Of course I have my own now, which are just coming into their own, albeit a bit late and a bit bedraggled after days of rain.

Anyhow. The card. Made using printed dp's from Just So Scrappy, with inked edges, and some pink bazzil, a huge ribbon bow, gems and pearls.
Rosalee was previously coloured and scanned, so all I did here was print her out again. Cheat huh??!


So there you have it!

Hope you can join us in our last challenge of the season.

Some challenges -

Crafty Catz - Spots
CardMadFairy - Summertime
Totally Papercrafts - Here Comes Summer
Creatalicious - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Summertime
Corrosive - Summertime Girls
Sweet Stop - Sketch








15 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So beautiful! I love how you add so many layers to your creations that really make the images come to life. I have tried doing it a few times and love the results. I am going to keep studying you so I can get better. Great image - invokes memories for me as well. Hope you have a wonderful break!!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous card! Great coloring!

carol said...

wonderful creation, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is gorgeous, Teri.

Linda said...

This is just gorgeous Teri, I love roses and your roses are looking fabulous. The papers and that ribbon is wonderful.

Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous card teri.
love those colors.

greetings karin

Andree said...

A beautiful card, I love the colours you've used x

tilly's crafts said...

gorgeous card, love that image, thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Papercrafts this week
Kim x

NGCARDS said...

Great creation hun! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Very pretty!! Love the color combo and such a gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

ike said...

AWESOME - she is sooo pretty and your colouring is wonderful. Such a pretty card with beautiful colours. Your cards are soooo feminine... LUV it :-) xxx

Kathleen said...

beautiful card. love the colours and the papers you've used. gorgeous!
kathleen mc x

Shannon White said...

Wowie! Such Beautiful coloring on that Sweet image! Love the Rich colors and Pretty dp's you chose too! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Regan said...

Gorgeous, Teri! Love the pretty papers! And your fabulous image, of course! I do so love when you layer parts of them like this! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for Summertime Girls! I firmly believe Summer should be for relaxing... enjoy your time off! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Andrea C said...

Gorgoeus card Teri, seriously beautiful x