Monday, 9 July 2012

Butchered Blueprint

Hiya folks!

Happy Monday, hope you have the sun where you are? Our sun seems to have gone on it's usual summer holiday, rather grey and misty muck falling again. YAWN.

Anyroadup, time for a new theme at Macabre Monday, and this week we have a
Butchered Blueprint (sketch)
to follow designed by our own Mistress Barb, and here is my take on it:


Sorry Mistress, but I took the liberty of flipping the sketch as it worked better with my image - Skull's 'n' Roses Corner. I have also used my Cobweb image to put behind it to act as the rays on the sun part of the sketch. The very back is a floral dp layered onto black bazzil card.


For the ripped part I tore the dp down the side, and stapled it for the crossed bit. Seems I got that a bit wrong there though as the ripped bit should have been right on the edge. Ah well, that what happens when you do a rush job!! Oh, and the dagger is a 'borrowed' image off the net. Here is the sketch anyhow:


Hope you get to join in with us this time, I know sketches aren't everyone's cup of tea, but why don't you 'give it a stab', groan. Forgive the pun there!

Some challenges -

That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Fat Page and Cards - Anything Goes
Sassy Studio - Use Something Metal (staples)



12 comments:

Andrea C said...

That dagger looks so realistic. Very very cool piece as always xx

Linda said...

This is stunning! A truly wonderful inspiring take on the sketch.

Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow fabulous card and design teri.

greetings karin

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous card Teri the colours and your design are beautiful, it looks terrific, love the image.
Hugs Linda

Kristina said...

This really is awesome, I left you some FB luv! But I gotta know where did your dagger come from? did you draw it your self?? This card is just terrific! Love the popped up roses, and your spider web BG!
Peace,
KristyLee

Teri said...

Thanks ladies! That dagger was just a pic on the internet that I 'borrowed' and cut out. I just searched 'dagger' and some awesome stuff came up! xx

caroline spice said...

I love it...Super card. I love the backing papers and the image is ab fab.
Beautiful
Luv
Crafty-bits
xx

bewaredarkshadows said...

Teri~This looks fabulous! TFS!!!

bewaredarkshadows said...

Teri~This looks fabulous! TFS!!!

Pia S said...

What a cool card! Love the sword and the staples are fab details!

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW, hon! You really did a fab job with the sketch and of course your images are just superb! Great idea to use the web as the rays. And the dagger through the eye is just glorious! xxD

Soma said...

This's awesome.............Love the image............thanks for joining us at sassy studios dare to be sassy thursdays!!!!!

SOMA
SSD ( DT ).