Friday, 11 May 2012

Try Something New

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well out there?
What with the strange weather up here the coughs, colds and flu's have hit DD House.
Have had kiddies off school (one in bed as I type), hubby with a sore head and throat, and wet/cold doggie walkies (more to come today with the flipping rain coming down).
Plus I noticed one of the tiles on our new roof has slipped already - note to hubby - get on that phone!!

On a happier note, it's time for a new theme at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and this time we want you to try something new. Doesn't matter if it isn't perfect we want to see it peeps!

I have cheated a bit with my creation. I haven't exactly tried a new technique, can't afford to go buying stuff I will never use again. So I opted for a style I don't do very much of. Clean and Simple! I really don't use this much at all, normally I have loads of layers going on, with froo-froo and bling here and there, so it made a change for me not to do that this time!


This was so quick and easy, can't think why I don't do it more often.
All I did was design a simple layout on the compy with a frame, followed by my Butterfly Bliss image in a border (which was already coloured up and scanned in from another project some weeks ago), add text, printed it out, stick to a base card and add some gems in the corners. Simples!


And there you have it! No foofy layers, ribbons, pop-ups, charms, or whatever.
Must admit though, it was really hard not to keep adding stuff, it looks very empty!

Hope you can join us this time round folks!

Some challenges I am entering:

Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Anything Goes - Things with Wings
Creative Craft - Anything Goes


16 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Oh, I love this! So soft and so CAS! You did a fabulous job on it and it is a beautiful card.

Happy Days said...

Really pretty card. TBH I sometimes find that the C&S cards are more tricky than those with loads of faffing as there's no room to cover up mistakes ;D

Hope everyone recovers in your household.

Claire xxx

Pascale Mitchell said...

Beautiful Teri really elegant and you nailed CAS xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well done you, love this image and great cas card. I must admit I like frou frou best.

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful card, lovely subtle colour and great layout. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful teri.

greetings karin

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at creative Craft.
Nikki x

Elisabet said...

I love it Teri but I know what you mean about not having all sorts of layers, textures and fru fru!!! Maybe I will try a clean and simple as well since I have only ever done one CAS in my life!
Hugs,
Beth

Flutterby Trina said...

beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at TTT with our Clean and Simple Challenge, good Luck and hope to see you again soon!

Annette said...

Wow, really effective and such a simple looking card. Really pretty.
Annette
Top Tip Tuesday DT
xx

DonnaMundinger said...

CAS is difficult for me, too but this is just exquisite! Really shows off your beautiful image. LOVE it! xxD Bummer about the weather and sickness in the family. Stay well!

Andrea C said...

Sorry to hear your kiddies and hubby aren't feeling good. Gorgeous card xx

NancyD said...

Lovely image and effect. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Jenni said...

You make clean & simple look easy, we all know it's harder than it looks! Lovely work, thanks so much for sharing with us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.
Jenni x

Tracey Manderson said...

great card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs
Tracey

Bettina L. said...

This is really a beautiful CAS piece. Love how the image is placed on one side of the card with the sentiment and pearls in all the corners. Beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx