Wednesday, 23 May 2012

La Rosa Muerta

Hiya folks!

Oh Boy!! Another GORGEOUS day here in bonny Scotland!!
The sun is blazing, hardly a breath of wind, and I have to WASTE my time down the blumming school again! This time it is because of the son's time off what with being ill. Supposedly they like to help if a lot of time is lost and want to 'touch' base' so to speak to see if there are any issues.
I'll give them an issue - CLEAN THE EFFING PLACE - get rid of the bacteria with some PROPER BLEACH and not the crap they use these days to replace it. Then he might not pick up so many germs!! Health and safety my arse!!! In my day we used rubber gloves!!!

OK, whinge over! Time to get on with it! LOL

My card today is rather late actually. It was meant to have been done for Monday, but it was sooo nice this weekend past that I spent it catching up in the garden instead of doing my image and making the card.
Me BAD!

So here I am today instead, sharing the 'Wretched Wednesday' post over at Haunted Design House. Our theme this week is:

HDH134
"Long in the Tooth"

You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that shows us some chompers, teeth, fangs, dentures, etc.!
Creepy toothy grins to wind up teeth!
If it has something to do with teeth, we wanna see it!

And we are sponsored by our very own Andrea with her fabby Etsy shop


 She is giving our winner this week a marvelous sculpture thingy named
'Hamish the Scottish Werewolf', cool huh?

Well, off I went with my doodling kit and came up with this Vampish image to use on my card.
She is named 'La Rosa Muerta':


Just released into my Delicious Doodles Shop this very morning
(after loads of faffing about trying to get the payloadz link to work!!)

And here is the card I made using her:


I followed a sketch from Mojo Monday for the layout. Backing papers from Susan's Crafty Chaos Store. Embossed dotty card from the stash, smeared in metallic silver rub-on. Big frame die is a frameabilities die, 'Fleur-de-Lys' corners from a shapeabilities set, cut from core-dinations. These were distressed then inked in black, and smeared with the same rub-on.


I tied a lovely large bow with the same ribbon as I used across the card, and topped it with a large grey gem. I also used a large gem for the centre of the flower. This was made using dies from sizzix and Tim Holtz, again distressed, inked, smudged and also glittered with stickles.


A dimension shot above, just to show the layering. Below a close-up of the image. This was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned and printed several times for my layers.I added some wee grey gems round the frame for some extra bling. Also added a few gunmetal pearls in the corners.


So folks, get out all your 'toothy' bits and get your 'Fang' on!!
Hope you can join us this week peeps!
I'll leave you with a face on view, ttfn!
Enjoy the sun while it lasts!


Some challenges I am entering:

Anything Goes - Black +1 (purple)
Creative Craft - Distressing
Flourishes - Use a Flower
Ladybug Crafts - Something with Wings
Stamp n Doodle - Bling and Sparkle
Stamps & Fun - Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge - 3D
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Scrappers Delights - Have a Gothic Time
The Crafty Pad - BINGO (ribbon, flowers, bling)


20 comments:

Carol said...

Amazing card! Love the image and coloring!

Chris D. said...

Cool Beans! Your card rocks!

Dawn said...

Ooooooh Teri, she's scarey! Thanks for sharing her with us at The Crafty Pad in our Bingo challenge this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Andrea C said...

Sorry to hear you boy is sick. My boy and I were sick at weekend and now my youngest girl has had it for two days. On the plus side your card is gorgeous and the image is brilliant x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

debbi taylor said...

ooohhh such a great card - scary!
thank you for joining the bingo challenge at the crafty pad this week
hugs
Debbi x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow great card teri.

greetings karin

Carly said...

Sensational, scary and spectacular :)

Thank you so much for sharing your distressed look with us at Creative Craft Challenges.

xoxoxo Carly

Suzie's Card Den said...

Wow scarey... LOL. Brilliant card, so cool.
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Scrappers Delights said...

Wickedly gorgeous project !!
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful creations with us over at Scrapper’s Delights “Have a Gothic Time”
Good luck with the prize draw
Love Janice
Scrapper’s Delights

Seija said...

Wonderful, it's a gorgeous style! Thanks for playing with us at SFC.
XOXO Michi

Crafty Tazzy said...

Stunning Hunny Thank you for joining in with the Creative Craft Challenge xx

Angela said...

This is a really fantastic card.Thanks for joining us at SFC.
Many greetings
Angela

Cgra said...

Your card is beautiful, as always! You are my 'layering' inspiration.

I Don't Do Straight said...

Teri She is Gorgeous and so is your card...... love the purple :)

Jodi said...

As always Teri, your creations amaze me... Very wicked beautiful! Hugs, Jodi
(PS - and thanks for sharing it over at Scrapper's Delights)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wicked SWEET!!~ Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

TRACEY MO said...

This is lush love the colourway brilliant.

Thanks for joining us at stamp n doodle

Tracey dt

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is fabulous .. and has a real luxurious feel to it

Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight
Lisa x

Kim Kelley said...

Love it! The colors are wonderful! So goth! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week!
HUGS
Kim SD DT