Monday, 7 May 2012

Gothic Makeover

Hiya folks!

It's Monday again, so time for a new theme at Macabre Monday. Actually I'm not really involved this week, as I don't usually play with 'cute' images from other companies (me selfish, lol) but I love to do Gothic, so just had to play along sneakily on my own!!
The sponsor this week is Saturated Canary. Too cutsie for me folks! lol.

HDH132
"Gothic Make Over"

You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that includes a cute image that has been made over in a GOTHIC manner.
I'm not one to be designing very many in the way of 'cute' images either, so I decided to make over a more suitable image for a Gothic theme,



I actually went into my local craft shop for the first time this year (ooo-er!) and bought a couple of bits that I have used on the card today, including some ribbon, pearls, gems and a new spellbinders die (floral doilies) that I used to make this 3d flower:


And here is the card that I made. Papers are digital off my compy, card from the stash:


Had to incorporate purple and black, but also decided to throw some hot pink and silver in too for a change! I made a huge bow using the new ribbon and made a charm. The big flower was cut with the new dies using card offcuts, with added inky edges and glitter.


And finally a close-up of the image, coloured with the usual watercolour pencils and layered with foam pads. This was layered onto silver and black cardstock, then into a digital embossed dp and topped with the new pearls. I also added some tiny gems to the silver die cut strip at the bottom to tie it all together.


Well, I hope if you join in this week that you do as you are told and use a cute image, unlike me! lol

 Right, need to get myself dressed (yep, here in my PJ's) and take the dog for a walkies, then I'll be back to find some challenges to enter. TTFN folks!
Teri xx

EDIT: OK, I'm back - now for some challenges to enter -

Just Tracys - Anything Goes
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Emergency Crafters - Bold and Bright (hope so!)
S4TW - 4 or more layers (+hop)
Smudgy Antics - Anything Goes


10 comments:

ike said...

OOOooooh - totally stunning. She's gorgeous and I can't wait to make something with her :-D xxx

Andrea C said...

Teri this is probably my favourite card of yours yet (and there is more than a few). Love it xx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

This card is just stunning Teri! The colors are gorgeous,and that image really pops!! LOVE the fancy fleurs and that hot pink ribbon is to die for!! Ha! I never knew you didn't like cute...

Jacqui Hall said...

Love, love, love the image, great colouring too. Thanks for joining us at Emergency Crafters and Good Luck, Jax

I Don't Do Straight said...

STUNNING!!!!.....she is beautiful Teri and I love the DP and the lace and the flowwers......FAB!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

You have turned out a stunner again Teri. Absolutely gorgeous. Even the pink looks good here ;)That flower die is now on my wish list lol.
Thank you also for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week :D
Hxxx

monique said...

this is so awesome, love everything about it, thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

~Lady B~ said...

Gothic and Gorgeous! I love the hot pink accents with the purples! Fabulous work, as always! Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

Ally White Cat said...

awesome piece...wonderful coloring. love your art.

susan s.

DonnaMundinger said...

Teri, this is magnificent! Gorgeous image and the coloring and bits and bobs are just FAB! xxD