Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Gorgeous Fairy Fae

Hiya folks!

I couldn't wait to show you this sample I made using my new Fairy image, 'Fae'.


She was such a pleasure to doodle. I hope you have as much fun colouring her as I did designing her in the first place. It's funny how some images are just so pleasurable, while others just don't quite 'do it' for you, don't you think?

Anyhow, a quick warning, this post is a bit heavy on the photos, so grab a coffee and some biccies!!
I'll start off with the front of the card that I made, following a lovely simple sketch.


 I just had to make this into a twisted easel card, I just love doing this style, don't know why but I just do!
I used plain white cardstock for the base, and smudged green and blue ink round it, and cut a few corners with my MS Loopy corner punch. I printed out some gorgeous pink dotty paper that I have on the compy. The file is actually in greyscale, so that means I can colour it any way I want to in my page layout programme.


I used a frameabilities die to cut the frame and attach the image to. This I also smudged with ink, and added some yummy pink gems. (Think I must be ill, far too much pink going on just lately! LOL)

I also used a Marianne flower die to make my flowers on the base, with a Tim Holtz die for their middle petals. Their edges were also inked, and I added some stickles and metallic brads for some bling.


 I coloured my image quite subtly with my usual watercolour pencils before scanning in and printing several times to layer up with. I also fussy cut and curled the wee butterflies wings, and added stickles to them as well.

Then I tied a huge bow with the gorgeous pink ribbon I bought the other day, and added some pink pearls to the front, not forgetting the computer generated sentiment. Oh, and the larger butterfly on the base was just an extra print out made bigger, on which I also curled the wings and added stickles.


Another angle of the card:


And finally a close-up view of the image itself, all layered, curled and stickled, with some more stickles added round the frame inside.


Phew, after all that I just realised I forgot to get myself a coffee!! Ooopsies!

Right, so I had better get on and sort out the washing. Hopefully the sun will stay out long enough to get two loads washed, fingers crossed. A bit flipping chilly today though in that wind. Brrr.

ttfn folks!
Teri xx

Some challenges I am entering:

Bunny Zoe (May) - Anything Goes
Hooked On Craft - Flowers
Stamp and Create - For a Lady
Divas by Design - Pink (hope there's enough of it here)
Opus Gluei - Beyond the Garden Gate (hope fairies are allowed)
Paper Sundaes - Things with Wings
2 Sisters - Make it Girly
Catch the Bug - Things with Wings
Craft Your Days Away - All Creatures Great and Small
Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings
Just Some Lines - Colour Combo
So Artful - Butterflies/Fairies
Fairy Tale - Things with Wings


19 comments:

Rebekah said...

Beautiful work Teri stunning colour combo! Thanks for playing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

Cheryl First said...

Lovely color combo, and your flowers are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Pascale Mitchell said...

WOW beautiful Teri I enjoyed colouring her and looking forward to doing some more projects with her shortly xxx Hugs Pascale

Electra said...

I think this might be the prettiest card I have ever seen! Thanks for being Soartful with us this week, so that I can come and admire it! lol

Dan said...

Great card - the pink and teal work together very well! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Tina said...

wow this is amazing, lovely card...thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Danni said...

I just LOVE this image and your card is stunning!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, this is just beautiful!!

Avril Ann said...

Beautiful, Teri, love the colour combo, the twisted easel and of course the Image xxx

Pam said...

Love the eyes, what a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 2 Sister's!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful card and a gorgeous image
Lindsay xx

sarah-Jane said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Bianca said...

Oh, what a cute and lovely project! You have done a fab card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. xx Bianca

Cammy said...

Gorgeous image & card! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

Rosemary said...

What a terrific card, I didn't even know about a twisted easel card (must look into that). Your image is fantastic, I love your garden faerie and she looks so winsome. Beautiful coloring and I love the rich and vibrant colors you chose, they really set off the image and your design wonderfully.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei, I look forward to seeing what you do with more challenges with us!

sara said...

stunning teri loving that image might just have to have her !!
hugs sara x x x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Divas by design
Hugs
Kat xx

Vicky said...

Oh wow sweetie this is so incredibly beautiful I love this image she is lush & lurve the butterflies soooooo much. The colours are lush as well sweets.

I'm loving having Payton altho with everything else as well I felt rather pooped last night to say the least lol & then my youngest ended up really ill so was up with him half the night lol.
Hope all is ok with you sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card Teri. I love the beautiful image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this month at Bunny Zoe Crafts. Hugs Michele x