Friday, 13 April 2012

All Layered Up

Hiya folks!

Bbbrrrr. It's gone a bit colder up here in north east Scotland. I wish spring would arrive properly and not keep turning back into winter. It's no wonder we've all got colds and flu's!

Well, these fortnights seem to come around faster and faster.
Today being Friday sees the start of the next theme at the 
and this time we are after 'Load of Layers'.

You know I love to layer up my images anyway, so it was a simple theme for me to choose this time. I wanted to keep things easy for you all, lol.
I have used my 'Just Purr-fect' image for this card


I followed a sketch for my layout. Got it a bit wrong though, as I forgot to include a wee loopy strip going diagonally underneath the paper. Hope it still counts. . .
The main cardstock is a bog standard white that I inked around the edges of with some lilac ink. Papers are off the compy, and edged with a purple ink.


The big bow is hand tied. I got this lovely organza ribbon from my local craft shop. The charm is one from a selection I got at a crafty weekend last year, and is attached to the bow using an offcut of chain from a sale. I also added some big pearls and some lilac brads.


The big frame is a framabilities die cut from lilac textured card, edged with purple ink, and lilac stickles has been added round the image. This image was coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, then scanned and printed several times for my layers. These were 'popped' up using foam pads. The flowers are made using punches and spare glittery lilac card from my bits box along with some more of the textured stuff I used for the frame. Then some lilac tiny gems for their centres. Here is a closeup of the image:


And last but not least, a little view of all the layers:


Phew, hope you are still with me??

Off to take the wee D to the hairdressers in a bit for a little trim. Could have done it myself but she needs it thinned out properly and I don't know how to do that. Hoping to get outside later and raise my little bird feeding station I made the other day, but not sure what the weather is going to do. Supposed to be wintery showers, but at the mo the sun is out. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Catch ya later folks!!

Some challenges I am entering:

CCEE Stampers - Use 3 embellishments
Craft Us Crazy - Mother's Day or Flowers (I chose flowers)
DYSU - Glitter/Bling
SJPapercrafts - 1,2,3 + 3 of something
(1 image, 2 dp's, and three sets of three, so take your pick, lol)
Fab 'n' Funky - 4 Legged Animal
Anything Goes - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Spotty and Dotty
Try It On Tuesday - Pampered Pets
Incy Wincy - Cute Critters
Pink Elephant - Flowers
Truly, Madly, Crafty - Handmade Flowers
Corrosive - Heavy Metal (charm, brads)
Crafty Emma - Swirls and Pearls
Crafty Catz - Animals


30 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

teri this is very beautiful.

greetings karin

Pascale Mitchell said...

Gorgeous hun I love the green eyes. She is on the side awaiting colouration xxx I am back from interview they have a few more to do so will let me know xxx
Hugs Pascale

Lau W said...

Terrific !! A beauty ! it's my fav stamp ! I'm going to make another card with it :-)) now !
Your colouring is just fantastic !
xxx

Jasminnie said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the purple. Your coloring is fantastic, and those flowers are so pretty. Great use of "Heavy Metal", the charms are a nice touch. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

Happy Days said...

Simply gorgeous hun! Love your layering of the image, it really pops from the page.

Have a fab weekend

Claire xxx

Andrea C said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

Sally H said...

It's beautiful Teri. Love the colour combo and the layers make it really pop. Gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Wow, what a stunning image! Beautifully coloured and decoupaged, and love the gorgeous bow and fab charm.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Ruthie said...

Hey Teri - this is gorgeous - love the new images you are doing

Rx

Louise said...

wow a fantastic card. Love the image. Thank you for joining in with SJ Crafts Challenge

Allison said...

purrfect card
AllisonX

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
a fabulous card, luv all the layers, awesome colouring, lovely papers & embelies,have lovely weekend, sue,x

Emkay said...

Hi.
Thank you for your comments on my blog, and thank you even more for the kind offer of the feathers. I will e-mail you my address now :)

I love this card. Your layering on the cat is awesome.

Anne-Marie said...

Such a gorgeous card, the centre piece is amazing.

Thank you for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky.

Anne-Marie x x

Joanne (jojot) said...

pure drama....thanks for playing with the CCEE this week

Janette said...

Fabulous image gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Pat said...

Lovely card, super image and gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab’n’Funky this week.

Pat xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A gorgeous card love the image and fabulous colour's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Rebekah said...

Just stunning Teri what fab layering! Thanks for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous card, and such a cute kitty, purrfect for our challenge this we.
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the image is stunning and love the colours...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Lovely card and I love the green eyes.
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Ren-Yi said...

What a fun darling card. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Another beautiful card from you Teri. love the lilac embellies here, a really lovely soft touch for you super image

Desire Fourie said...

This is lovely. Great design and beautiful image.
Hugs
Desire

Samantha said...

Ohhh awesome card! love the detail and depth you have got into this one! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Samantha said...

Ohhh awesome card! love the detail and depth you have got into this one! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Clarky J said...

Howdy pal lovely to see an old team mate playing along with us and such an amazing creation xx Love it Teri xx

Sazzle said...

Congratulations Teri you've been hand picked as one of our top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy :-)

Don't forget to pop over and pick up your blinkie!

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.co.uk/