Friday, 2 March 2012

Music to sooth the soul

Hiya folks!

It's Friday again, and time for a new theme over at the


This time our theme had been set by Ruthie and is all about the songs that inspire us.
This is our last challenge with Ruthie, as she is leaving us on the DD DT.
Sad to see you go hun, wishing you all the best in your future ventures!!

Right, well I've gone off at a small tangent here with this theme.
I decided NOT to go with my usual 'Back in Black' by ACDC, and have gone with my fav band at the mo, MUSE. Such a hard decision over which track to use and which image to put it with.

This is why I went on a tangent, and chose 'Butterflies and Hurricanes', and I drew a totally new image which features Butterflies (no hurricanes, sorry), and here she is,

Butterfly Bliss:


 She will be available in the Delicious Doodles Shop on
Wednesday 7th March

Here is the card I made using her:


 I have gone with a different colour theme to the ones I normally use, as I am entering it into a current challenge with these colours as their theme. My dp is just a bog standard dotty one I have got stored on my compy that I made myself. I smudged mustard yellow ink round the edges, and mounted it onto white cardstock. Here is the hand-tied bow I made, along with a charm I also made using jewellery elements, and a white feather from an old earring.


I used a large die for the frame, a shapeabilities one, and then mounted that onto yellow pearlescent bazzill and fussy cut round it. Yummy lace trim from the stash, which I inked up with some black. The text is computer generated and printed onto a grey damask pattern. I coloured the image with my usual watercolour pencils before scanning back in and printing out several times for my layers.


I printed the larger butterfly out even bigger a couple of times, and fussy cut that to make the butterfly in the bottom corner there. I added some large gems for some bling, and also some stickles for glittery highlights.
This last shot is one to show the dimension.


Really should be outside breaking up some more patio slabs, but I have so much to catch up on round the house, plus two poorly girls to babysit (flu plague!) Don't know if I can be bothered to tell the truth.

Have a good weekend folks!

Some challenges I am entering:

Colour Create - Yellow, Grey, Black and White
DYSU - Things with Wings
Divas by Design - Spots or Stripes
Flutterby Wednesday - Open, with Butterfly/Fairy/Angel
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Partytime Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes


19 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation hun, love the image she's fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Fliss said...

This really caught my eye Teri as the image is just gorgeous and love the card you've put together with her too.
You might like to know that our challenge this week at Polka Doodles is Spots/Stripes or both too.
Hugs, Fliss x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous teri.

greetings karin

ike said...

Totally AWESOME creation. This is mindblowinglt stunning :-D Thank you also for sharing her with us DD Divas :-D Many Huggies xxxxx

Birgit said...

My niece LOVES Muse so i will have to show her your card and it is amazing!. Love the way you put it all together with depth and colours and sparkle-wonderful!

Karin said...

This is just adorable!! Love your drawing :-) Thanx for sharing this week at The Crazy Challenge. Hope to see you back again next week. Good luck!
Hugs Karin

Allison said...

can't wait to play with this image- gorgeous card
Allisonx

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card Teri,the image is adorable, love it and love the colours, the papers are delish.
Hugs Linda

Happy Days said...

Wow love this card and the colour scheme. Glad you were inspired, cos that is one stunning image!!!

Hope your girlies get better soon. Have a fab weekend (don't go breaking too many slabs!).
Claire xxx

Joann said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I love your drawing. I will definately be visiting on a regular basis

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

You've rocked this one Teri. The image is so beautiful and the colour scheme you chose is spectacular. Love all the little touches as well. Thankyou

WencheP said...

Oh my gosh - this is just gorgeous! The image is beautiful and the colours are just amazing. Thanks for joining us at do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise and Louise said...

Wow - stunning card. Beautiful image and colour combo. Love the butterflies.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Sharon said...

Fab work Terry. This card is absolutely lush!
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Andrea said...

I love all your layers! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week. Andrea x

Joy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, so artistic..just jumps of the screen at you with its beauty... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie sorry I'm so late I'm so behind on everything, that much going on here lol.
This card is fantastic sweetie love the image & the added butterflies look amazing.......absolutely awesome!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mina said...

amazing card Teri...I love that stunning image...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

vicmbee said...

Beautiful card I love the colour combo, image and butterflies... thanks for joining in with this months Creatalicious Lace Challenge..Vicki xxx