Monday, 26 March 2012

Hungry Like the Wolf

Ha! Ha! Nothing to do with the Duran Duran song, sorry about that!

Hiya folks!

What a belter of a weekend that was!! Gorgeous sunny weather, hardly a cloud to be seen, and not much of a breeze either for a change. No wonder it was a record day here in NE Scotland. The warmest March day ever apparently! Phew!!

Well, today sees a new theme at Macabre Monday, and this time we are going all GRIMM on you! LOL.

HDH126
"Grimm's Grimmest"

You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
based or inspired by one of  the
tales of the Brother's Grimm

Well, there are quite a few stories that have a big bad wolf involved somewhere, so I went with that and whipped up a quick digital thing using a fabby Wolf image from our sponsor this week, IKE (our very own minion!) with her store Ikesart.


I have used a lovely dark forest background image from the wallpapers site, and some digital corners from Just so Scrappy2. Text is computer generated and dropped on top of the digi-backing.

We are also having a DT Call for some fresh blood until 20th April, so if you fancy joining the minions please do get an entry in!!!

Nice and quick this week, been so busy out in the garden the weekend, as hubby and I were raising his new shed. That was most of Saturday gone. Then with losing that hour through the switch to British Summertime (flipping waste of space!) most of Sunday was spent doing loads but not much happening if you know what I mean?? Hope you all spent it wisely and didn't get too sunburned!!

Right I need to go do some watering as we are very dry just now. My soil is very sandy so the rain doesn't stay long when we do get it. Then I think some 'pricking out' for some seedlings that are getting bigger by the day. And then I have to go spend some time at the school as it is 'Open Afternoon' and my wee D wants me to see her in their little play they are doing for it. (oh joy...)

Catch ya later peeps!!

Some Challenges -

Craft a scene - Moonlight
Opus Gluei - Animals
S4TW - Anything Goes


14 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous wolfie creation :-) I love those corners too - gonna have to check out that site :-D
Glad you had a good time in the garden. I was gardening too. I am looking forward to seeing how you are progressing :-)
Enjoy the school play.... hahahaha... oh joy, oh bliss. ! Glad mine is far too old for that now.. it's nearly her turn LoL xxxx

Deanna said...

GREAT SCENE! love the inspiration and the wolf

NancyD said...

Your pour wolf looks very hungry. I sure wouldn't want to meet him in the woods! lol! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene for our Moonlight challenge. NancyD

Pinkllilac said...

This is just gorgeous Teri,love the colours and your design is beautiful.
Hugs Linda

DonnaMundinger said...

Ok, I'm oficially jealous of your weather. You'd think YOU lived in CA. Sunburn? What's sun? Your big bad wolf looks EVER so hungry and I'd sure hate to meet him in the spooky forest. Fab digi skills, my dear! xxD

Vicky said...

This is fabulous sweetie, glad its not like Duran Duran as really didnt like them lol.....Love that background its cool!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Cgra said...

I love Duran Duran and I'd be okay if your piece was representive of them! Great work - I want him to eat his fill of Red!

Andrea C said...

Sorry didn't comment until now things been hectic! Loving the fact you rock digi as well. Fab creation x

Gail said...

Great creation! Love the background!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Teri - this is just fab. You're right - it is representative of many tales
told by the brothers. The wolf looks great in the scene and the "sentiment" is really apt. xx

Sheree said...

Love it! What a neat and different scene! The wolf is awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at Craft A Scene! I hope to see your designs submitted in the future!
Sheree

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

belo cartão!

Rosemary said...

Ah, Duran Duran, loved 'em! Just my era...lol

This is spooky, mysterious, and he does look like he needs a bit of a snack. I love the scene you've created, and it fits our theme to use an animal in your creation over at Opus Gluei!

Thank you for finding us, now can we lure you back for more themes with us? I hope so!

Deena said...

we have also had some fabulous weather here...great card...he does look hungry...thanks for playing along with the Poohbahs at the Opus Gluei challenge this week!