Monday, 30 January 2012

Shot Through the Heart. . .

. . .and you're to blame, you give love a bad name. . .

Hiya folks!

Sorry about that bitty song burst there, but that's what pops into my wee brain when I see this title!

It's Monday again, and time for a new theme at
Macabre Monday by Haunted Design House.
I used to blog these challenges on a 'Dark Side' blog, but have decided to dispose of that and have them all on here instead. Hope I don't scare you too much with them! LOL

So, our new theme this week is:

'Shot Through the Heart'

Requirements are to use at least ONE heart and have TWO holes. I used my newest image that was released into the Delicious Doodles Shop on Saturday,


I kept it nice and simple this week, basically through time restraints (too much to do in the garden!) I followed the sketch at Less is More, so hoping this fits in there with the rules. No layering this week!! Just the base card with the sentiment (Corpse Script) and blood splatter printed directly onto it, followed by the dp strip (by Funky Hand) and the image (coloured with the usual watercolour pencils).


I also popped a couple of holes in to represent gunshots (in the 'o' of bloody, and in the splatter).
Not sure if that works or not - whatever!

Challenges I am entering -

Corrosive Challenges - I (heart) You
Paper Sundaes - Valentines
Crafty Pad - Valentine Love (+ red)
Allsorts - One or more Hearts
Less is More - Sketch

16 comments:

Larisa said...

wow! So much impression! Love this card! Fantastic emotion!!!

Paper Pad Challenge said...

Brilliant love the humour.... xxx I also love these Emo images you are so talented xxx

Mandi said...

We don't; seem to have too much white space we require, but, its a terrific striking card

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Vicky said...

....you give love a bad name....lol
I absolutely LOVED Bon Jovi when I was in high school them & Europe still now tho I love hearing Bon Jovi songs & thankfully his hair looks better now altho I had such a huge crush on him & his long hair when I was younger lmao.

Fabbylicious card sweetie loving the fantabulous image. Hope your back is better from all that gardening.....I'm dreading starting mine :0(

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Dawn said...

I think your card works well & you achieved the look you were after!
Thanks for sharing your striking card with us at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Linda said...

Great twist on LIM - to me you've kept it simple by just using the sketch and adding colour to the image and some of the background - love your creativity.

Regan said...

Heehee, have to say I'm a Bon Jovi fan too! Even met him on the Keep the Faith tour (oh, boy, am I dating myself now?! Lol) But I'm a fan of this fabulous card as well! Love the blood spatter, and like all of your images, this one is awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge, Teri! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent card Teri, fab image and great 'splatter'! Jo x

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh!!! Fabby new image, Teri! And the yummy blood spatter and holes...yeah, it works! xxD

Carla said...

love your card

Happy Days said...

Brilliant!!! You not gonna believe this but I was gonna use her with this sketch too - LOL! Love the bullet holes that's genius!!! xxx

Kathyk said...

Another Bon Jovi fan here! Love your card - a splendidly unusual take on the sketch

Kathyk

Karen said...

wow Teri that's glorious and now I won't be able to get that glorious 80's power tune out of my head! hugs Karen x

ike said...

Fabulous card Teri - love that new image. Awful trouble trying to get to you on HDH though - it comes up with a message saying your Blog has been 'Revoked' !!!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is probably "more" than "less" but I absolutely LOVE it! Brilliant image with some serious attitude! Super work!

stempelomi said...

I love it!!