Friday, 9 December 2011

X-travagant Xmas

Hiya folks!

Here I am today trying to feel chirpy, and failing miserably. The kids saw fit to share their lurgy with me and the hubster, so I am here posting this with my hankie at the ready!! Lol (cough, splutter! argh!)

It's time again for a new theme at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and this time I set the challenge (sorry Ruthie and Lyn!). I'm not usually one to over-embellish a card, so I set the theme, 'X-travagant Xmas' to give myself a goal to aim for. I hope I succeeded. Here is the front:


I have used one of my newest images for this creation, 'Holly Fairy', sister to 'Ivy Fairy' that was released a couple of weeks ago. I printed her out several times in a deep green colour and fussy cut out for the layering up. Here is the bottom of the card, which I made into an easel card:


The sentiment is just a printed one off the compy. The wee snowflakes are the bits that are cut out of the corner when I used the corner punch on the front. I added some gold stickles as little dots, and round the bottom dp layer, and also popped some gold brads in the corners. Here is the card in it's entirety:


My papers are from Raspberry Road 'Holiday Elegance' collection. The flower is made using a marianne die, and the tiny flower from Tim Holtz's Tattered Flowers die, along with some gold rub-on and gold stickles, with some mini gold beads for the centre. The holly leaves are a paper punch. The swirly corner in gold is an old sizzix die. The big bow is hand-tied using ribbon from the stash, and the dangly thingy is hand-made using bits cobbled together from old ear-rings and bracelets bought in sales.


Above is a close-up of the image, to which I added some red stickles on the holly berries. Underneath the image is a thin strip of red pearlescent card with a holly patterned edge made with a Fiskars edger punch. I added some red gems to the holes where the berries are supposed to be. The shape behind the image is cut using a marianne doily die, layered onto gold mirri.

Well, not too much use of the hankie I'm glad to say! Catch you all later!!

Some challenges -

Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
S4TW - Christmas
Crafty Ribbons - Traditional Xmas Colours
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas - Anything Christmassy
Cooking it up with Katie - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesday - Open (+ Fairy)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes, with Glitter
Digi-Makeover - Cut out your digi
Come and get it - Anything Christmas
Kenny K - Add Texture
Pile It On - Bling it up!
Sweet Sunday - Sketch (turned)


21 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie loving this stunning card & I luuurrrvvvve the embellishments you know me & embellishments hun.......you can never have too many lol. Love the warm rich colours hun & the image is fabulous of course.

Hope you & hubster feel better soon.....thank you for not sneezing your snots on me during my visit lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful card teri, great and stunning details and colors.

greetings karin

ike said...

OMGoodness - this is sooo totally awesome. Really stunning card - I love it :-) xxxxxxxxxx

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, crafty weekend, Debxx

Queen B said...

Ooo, I like the all white character on that colorful background! Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing at PMS this week!

Rebekah said...

This is so lovely Teri what a beautiful image she is! Hope you are feeling better (too many sniffles going about!) thanks for entering at SFTW (DT) and thanks so much for entering at PTW this wk hugs Rebekah GDT xx

Fiona said...

lovely card and fab detail!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Papertake Weekly.

Fi GDT
x

craftykitten said...

Hi Teri hun,
Wow, this is fabulous. I love the way you printed the image in green and just added those red flowers. FAB!! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons in our Traditional Christmas challenge this time. Good luck.
hugs
Dawn xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, this is so stunning and elegant.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A gorgeous and beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

jackid said...

what a stunning card I love the way you haven't coloured your fairy in it is a great contrast love it thanks for playing with us at PCJ
Jacki xx

Aunty Sue said...

Stunning card and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT CATZ this week. xx

Kattiz said...

Lovely card but to have the chan of winning you need to use a Kenny K image. Thanks for playing with us this week. Hugs Kattiz

craftybunny said...

Wow,amazing and beautiful card.So many details and I'm in awe of your cutting skills.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is so very pretty, the image is adorable and its beautifully coloured, its just perfect for our Anything Goes with Glitter Challenges this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion, I hope you will come and join the fun next week,

Have a lovely day,
Hugs Bridget CYP GDT

Em's Craft Corner said...

Wow, lovely card and I think you managed your goal of extravagant! Hope you feel better soon

Emma xx

tiggertastic said...

stunning creation

thank you for playing and i hope you join in this weeks challenge released today at Kenny K

Happy Christmas

hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

La Vikinga said...

Hello Teri, Your card is really beautiful with a lot of extravagant details and I specially fall in love with the red and gold little flower!!

Thanks for participating with our challenge at Crafty Ribbons,

La Vikinga

Dot said...

Pretty card with a lot of lovely embellishments. Thanks for joining our Y for Yipee challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time and good luck. Dorte x

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Teri! This is fantastic! I'm so glad you submitted this to the Anything Goes challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie this time. Remember you can enter a total of 3 times between now and January 3. Merry Christmas.
NanaConnie DT Chef

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge & Pile It On!
Helen x