Sunday, 4 December 2011

A Few Chrimbo Cards

 Hiya folks!

BBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it's turned a tad chilly this week!! We have had snow, albeit rather slushy, the son's rugby training is cancelled because of a frozen pitch, so me thinks winter has definately arrived!!! LOL

Builders have finished now, so we are watertight and set for a few more winters knowing the wall isn't going to fall down. Just need our plasterer to come round and do the window recesses where they put new ones in, then we can do the decorating in the kid's rooms. Still hoping to have it all done by Christmas. . .

In the meantime I have been adding more doodles to the Delicious Doodles Shop, and decided it was about time to make some cards from them.
I started off with a monotone one featuring my Brace of Pheasants image:


I kept this one nice and simple. The image was printed in a burgundy colour along with the text, then it was mounted onto similar coloured cardstock. I used the offcuts of that cardstock for the die cut corners, and then added some red pearls that I had in the goody bag from the Crafty Weekend I went on in October.

Here is a close-up of the image:


I decided to keep a simple theme going on this next card.
For this one I used my Christmas Candles image, which was coloured using my watercolour pencils. I splodged some yellowish ink in the corners to blend out some of the whiteness, then layered it onto some patterned paper that was printed out in a similar yellow tone.


The text and the border were also printed out (along with the image). I cut a flower using a Marianne die and some lovely pearlescent coppery card, plus some white to which I added some inky bits. This was attached to the card using a copper brad. Last bit was to add some bling, in the shape of some gold gems.

A closer view of the image:


The splodgy corners were achieved using a stippling brush and ink. Just pick up a wee bit of ink and swirl it about on the paper until you have your desired effect.

It didn't go as I had planned it on this card though. The brush kept on leaving bits of itself behind stuck to the ink and the card, so it was all a bit rough in the end!! I managed to scrape most of it off, but it left some bigger splatts which you can still see, sadly.

I do have a couple more cards to show you all, but I'll save those for a later date. Don't want to overload you with piccies do I??!!! LOL. Catch ya later peeps. Hope you have a great Sunday!

MWAH !!

Some challenges I would like to enter -

Joanna Sheen - Christmas Wishes
2 Sisters - Punches/Dies
Crafty Hazelnut - Mono Christmas (top card)
Drunken Stampers - Monotone
Raise the Bar - Christmas
Bling it on - Christmas
Scrapping Chics - Anything Goes, Christmas
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Fab 'n Funky - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes


15 comments:

AnItA mArIe said...

beautiful cards Teri..

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie I bet you are glad builders are finished hun....I would be stressed to hell round about now having all what you have to do as well as crimbo, well bugga me it really would have my heed done in lol.
These cards are stunning they really are. I love both of them you do simple cards beautifully mine NEVER turn out anything like these.....cant wait see your others hun.
My hubster is gutted & now wants to move to scotland cus you have had snow & we havnt lol.....he's spat the dummy!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

clare said...

such elegant xmas cards. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These are beautiful. I love the simple layouts and the images are gorgeous. Stunning work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Poppet said...

2 beautifully elegant cards Teri. :-) xx

Hazel said...

These are beautiful cards - love the brace of pheasants on the first card and the elegance of it - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 49 - hope to see you again soon. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards teri, love the card with the candles.

greetings karin

shell said...

Hi Trei, these are beautiful cards hun, thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month.
Shell xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww glad the builders have done, hope you get it all straight soon hun, gorgeous cards, luv the candles, awesome colouring,beautiful design, sue,x

Sarah said...

Hi Teri, what a couple of gorgeous cards - both very elegant and I can't see any splodges on the second one at all! Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this time. Sarah

Dot said...

Lovely and elegant cards you are sharing with us, Teri. Thank you for joining in at FnF this week.
Dorte,x GDT

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Your cards are beautifully elegant. Thanks for joining the JS Monthly Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Anita said...

Both are beautiful cards. Thank you for playing in the Divas challenge.

laney said...

super card!!
Thanks for joining us at Bling It On and diva's this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Thanh Vo said...

Teri... wow!! I love the simplicity!!!

I hope you are enjoying the holidays with your family and that you had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar for the December Challenge.