Friday, 16 December 2011

A Couple More Xmas Cards

Hiya folks!

How are you all keeping, nice and warm I hope?? It is minus 5.5 here in bonny Scotland just now at 8.40am, bbbbrrrrr!! (That's 24 degrees for those in Fahrenheit) Oh, and guess what the headlines are in England today. . . yep, its a BIG FREEZE!! Oh dear guys, get used to it, we DO have winter every year after all!!! LOL

Joking aside, I do hope you all manage to stay safe and warm wherever you are. xxx

I though I would pop in here just to show a couple of cards I made for Christmas. Are you guys all organised yet? I am, for a change!! Everything done and dusted, just the booze and essentials to get next week and that's me! YEAY!! Anyroadup, back to the cards.

My first one features some cute penguins from the Delicious Doodles Shop.
These are named 'Penguin Family'. Original huh? Couldn't think what else to call it, LOL


 The papers are my own design, printed in a very pale blue. The frame is a die cut which I smudged blue ink on the edges, and added some clear gems to. Corner pieces are a cuttlebug die. I also added some white gems too, and a white organza ribbon across the middle, although the frame die has hidden most of it! The sentiment is computer generated and printed directly onto the dp. Here is a closeup of the image:


 My next card features another of my winter images from the shop, 'A Crofter's Winter'. This one I printed out in a burgundy colour to match the colour theme going on here.


 The papers are from a Raspberry Road kit named 'Yuletide'. Plenty of gems added again, cuttlebug die cuts for the corner pieces. Layered up with gold mirri, and wrapped in gift wrap ribbon, with one of those gift wrap bows stuck on too. Will have to redo that bit to get it in the post though!! LOL. A close-up view for you:


Well, my house used to look like this a couple of hundred years ago, except it isn't in this kind of locality. We are in a village, so I have neighbours, sort of. Wish it was in this glen though, lovely and peaceful, aahhhh!!

Righty then, need to get on and sand down the rough patches in the son's bedroom. Almost ready to paint. Our plasterer guy came to prep the windows upstairs yesterday, but he needs to finish it off today, so it won't get painted until the weekend. Sheesh, I knew it would be pushing it to be done before Xmas!! HELP!! LOL. Catch ya later folks!!
xxxx

Some challenges -

4 Crafty Chicks - Christmas Cards
Colour Create - Blue, silver, white (first card)
Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes
DYSU - Winter
Digital Tuesday - Winter wonderland


13 comments:

rosalien said...

What a supre creations, both different but so beautiful.:)
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Denise and Louise said...

Two gorgeous cards - love those penguins.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

WencheP said...

Beautiful cards, both of them. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Vicky said...

Oh WOW.....these are stunning hun I love them both they really are gorgeous. As for the house, I could live there happily & peacefully......its lush hun.
How do you change the colour of your image hun to match things?

Take care & certainly keep safe & warm hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jani said...

Two wonderful christmas cards!
Love them!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

City Card Shop said...

Wow..here is huge selection of fabulous cards, i am very impressed to your got your blog really this is the gorgeous design you have created. Thanks for sharing with us.

xmas cards

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards teri, great scenery and a lovey and sweet penquin fam.

greetings karin

Marcy said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! I especially love the penguin one! Thank you for playing along with us this week at DYSU. Have a wonderful holiday.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, wonderful job!

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww a gorgeous selection of cards hun, cute penquins, luv the winter scene, sue,x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both just gorgeous hun, but the top ones my favourite lol thank you for my Christmas card
huge hugs shell xx

sallysbitz said...

Two stunning cards x
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Merry Christmas to you x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Wow Teri, two beautiful cards... I love your Penguins... they look adorable :)

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Silver, Blue and White Challenge!

Happy New Year to you :)

Sharon x