Friday, 11 November 2011

Remembrance

Hiya folks!

Phew - a bit breezy this morning! I don't envy our builder guys standing on the roof today with all the dust flying about. Rather them than me, LOL.

I have a card for you today - woohoo! Things have been so 'up in the air' just recently that I haven't had a lot of crafting time. But I did manage to make this card for the new theme at the
Delicious Doodles Challenge which this fortnight is 'Remembrance'.

It's Armistice Day here in the UK, and on Sunday this week it is Remembrance Day when the whole nation remembers the brave people who died defending our country and the freedom of it's people. It's our way of showing our respect for their valiant sacrifices. Without them this country wouldn't be the place that it is today. BUT for our challenge, you need not mark this event for your remembrance make. You could just remember a birthday or something else. Up to you!

So here is my card, made using one of my new images - Poppy:


I coloured her in using my usual watercolour pencils, then scanned in the compy and printed for the layers. I added some stickles here and there, but you can't tell in these piccies, not the greatest of light these days up here in bonny (?) Scotland! LOL.

My papers are made by myself using some damask patterns I had on the compy, and colour tweeked, merged and messed with. Then I added some of the little poppies from the image to the paper in the corners.


I also added some lovely red pearls for some extra bling. Just the job me thinks! My layout was following an old Mojo Monday sketch from a week or so ago.

Righty then, off to do some more DIY in the dining room. Much as I enjoy decorating and DIY I'll be glad when I'm done. Not used to doing a whole house in one go. . . I'm cream crackered!!
Catch ya later peeps!

Some challenges I am entering this card into -

Cute Card Thursday - Red for Remembrance
Just Inspirational - Remembrance Day
Simon Says Stamp - Photo Inspiration
Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Use a Digi-image


15 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow this is beautiful, I love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at Just Inspirational this week.

Caroline xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is just sooooo beautiful she is lush hun love her poppies. Paper looks awesome.
I love DIY & decorating as well hun but it can certainly tire you oot lol. I'm supposed to be doing the kitchen, both bathrooms & passageway before crimbo.....& help my son & Megan do their living room & the nursery lol. Altho I am looking forward to helping with the nursery lol.
You take care hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I just love the colouring on this beautiful card. The image is gorgeous - she is so sweet.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Happy Days said...

Stunning!! I love this image. Have a great weekend if you can!!! Claire x

skated said...

beautiful card, thankyou for joining us at Just Inspirational this week
Kate xxx

carol said...

fabulous card...thanks for joining our Digi challenge this week at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

ike said...

Such a beautiful creation. She is soooo pretty and I just love the way she is gazing thoughtfully off into the distance. The papers and colours on this are wonderful Teri - a truly stunning piece that is very fitting for the occasion :-)
Hugz xxxxxxxxxxxx

Deb said...

just beautiful Teri, what a stunning image!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great weekend! Debxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fabulous image and card teri.

greetings karin

Curlybear said...

Oh My Word this is one very pretty creation, I just love colour theme, fabulous image too its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Use a Digi Challenge I hope you can join us again next week


Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful card and thanks for joining CRAFTY CATZ this week.

Amy Johnson said...

What an absolutely gorgeous image and card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous, thank you for playing along at Just Inspirational this week x

Christine said...

Wow, your card is amazing!! I love the 3D effect of the popped up parts. Your coloring is gorgeous!! It looks so real. Amazing art!!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Ildiko said...

She is gorgeous and so is the paper you made to go with it
oxo
Ildz