Monday, 21 November 2011

A Gorgeous Ivy Fairy

Hiya folks!!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend?

Mine was spent putting plasterboard up in the kid's bedrooms after having new vellux windows fitted. They left a mess behind that needed sorting, wood and insulation material exposed, so hubby and I tidied that up (sort of, LOL). Now we need our plastering buddy to pop in and give it a lick of plaster before we can repaint the recesses.

We collected our new electric fireplace on Saturday, and put that up in the dining room that we have been 'doing up' too. That room is all but sorted, just a carpet to get done, then my glass bits to get out of the loft. I think we may actually be all done and dusted by Christmas. . . (she says with crossed fingers!)

Speaking of Christmas (see the link there! LOL) I made another card this weekend. Well started it several days ago actually but only finished it up on Sunday. I have used my newest image for this one,


She is a sketched image with all the shading already sorted for you. I printed her out a few times in a shade of dark green to match the yummy papers that I found at Raspberry Road (Holiday Elegance). I cut the corners using a loopy design Martha Stewart punch, and a snowflake corner punch that I've had for ages and not used much. Ought to use it more really, it's quite a nice one!

The circular panel behind Ivy Fairy is cut using a Marianne die, which I then layered onto red bazzill. I made this card into an easel card, printing out another dp for the base. Then I put gold stickles round some edges for a bit of bling.


That Marianne die came with a gorgeous flower shaped die in the middle, so I used that here to make these flowers. The middle of the flowers was made using some organza ribbon. To make them, I sewed a running stitch down one side for about eight inches, cut the ribbon, then gathered it by pulling the thread. I secured it by oversewing a few times, and then fiddled with the curled up shape until I got it to look right.

After that I put a large gold brad through the centre of it and the flowers to hold all together. Then I put some gold stickles on the very edges of the ribbon. I rather like this effect, so I may do some more of these if I can be bothered with the fiddly bits!! I then cut some lengths of gold christmas wrapping ribbon, curled then with the back of the scissors and stuck them to the card.


Finally I got the gems out and stuck some either side of the image, and some little gold brads in the corners for some extra bling. I think I should have made a big ribbon bow too with a dangly charm attached, but to be honest, my best ribbon is still in the loft waiting to come down again!

Here is a close-up of the layered image, with some added clear stickles on the wings:


Well, that's my tilers turned up to finish the roof off. All I need now is the builder blokes to turn up and finish the harling, then the jobs a good 'un!!  Will have to persuade the hubby to get his arse up the ladder and paint the wall now, LOL. Thank goodness we have had some decent dry weather recently to get the external stuff done. Better get the bio-hazard suit on and tackle the sons bedroom - eeeyugh!!

Catch ya later peeps!!

Some challenges -

Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
2 Sisters - Let It Sparkle
Just Some Lines - Tic Tac Toe
Fabulous Friday - Die Cuts
Fun With Shapes and More - Use something three times
(flower die, gems)
Stemplesonnen - Red, Green, Gold
CCEE - 2 Dies/2 Punches
Crimbo Crackers - Make it Sparkle
(I chose Patterned Paper/Punches or Dies/Flowers)
Card and Scrap - Traditional Christmas Colours
Creatalicious - Christmas + Sparkle
Marianne Design Divas - Sparkle and Shine
Flutterby Wednesday - Open (must use fairy, angel or butterfly)
Ruby's Rainbow - Something with Wings


28 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie how are you you must be k-knackered lol.
This is bleeding gorgeous hun I love the image & what you have done to it, it really stands out...it looks awesome hun.
I will keep my fingers crossed you are all done ready for crimbo hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
P.S. You could also enter this at CES Challenges hun as the challenge is snowflakes.

Basslady said...

this is so striking and fabulous!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful teri, what stunning background papers.

greetings karin

NancyD said...

Love your paper layers and card shape. Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. NancyD

Sue said...

Hi hun
just think when it is all done it will look fantastic.
Fabulous card as always hun, great image, fab flowers & design, sue,x

Pinkllilac said...

Wow Teri sounds like you have been busy.
Loving this card the colours,image and design are fantastic.
Hugs Linda

Creepy Glowbugg said...

LOVE this image! She is gorgeous!!! Beautiful card Teri. Those flowers are stunning! Sounds a bit labor intensive to me, but the end result is wonderful!

Leanne said...

Wow!! This is beautiful! Love all the details and love that you printed her in green! What a wonderful idea. Also love how you layered her on your card. So cool how the 3-D affect looks. Beautiful job with this card!!
Thanks for linking up with us at Lollipop Crafts!
Hugs,
Leanne

Ildiko said...

OMG Teri this is stuning. And the flowers are wow, I have to try it but do have to hand stich it as I have now sewing machine boo-hoo lol
MY OH is a DIY disaster so he would rather pay someone to do it lol simple painting he ends up covered top to toe and I mean it lol he lookes soooooooooo funy when he had yellow paint on him few yrs ago
hugs
Ildz

Tina said...

amazing card...love all your beautiful details...thanks for joining us at just some lines

Tina
dt

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card

Thank you for joining us this time at Ruby's Rainbow, hope you will join us again soon xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Ooooh - this is breath-taking! Thanks so much for joining our "tic-tac-toe" challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Becky B. said...

WOW! I love all of the intricate details that you incorporated into this card - it's just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Lydia said...

Wow....stunning! So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs.

Stine said...

Wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at stempelsonnenchallenge.
Hugs stine

Purple Crazy said...

gorgeous card, love the colours thanks for sharing with us Delightful Challenges

Anne Bente said...

wawwww it is beautiful

10000 tak for at du deltager på card and scraps udfordring

klemmmm

heidy said...

Wow Teri this is amazing!
Thanks for joining Creatalicious this month!
Hugs Heidy

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card and such vibrant colours! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Seija said...

Oh wow, it's a fantastic car, wonderful! Thanks for joining us at stempelsonnenchallenge!
XOXO Michi

Cyndi said...

Wow, amazing card! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, I've never seen a card like this. Beautiful contrast!!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hello missus! This is just gorgeous, love the colours & theose papers are perfect for your image! Love it!
Hope your ok
hugs shell xx

Bengelmama said...

Beautiful

Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

Nadine
http://bengelmama.blogspot.com/

crafty amy said...

Wow sweetie she looks amazing!! I love your layout as always. It sounds like your house is really getting there which is great :D
Thank you for joining us at Marianne's design Divas and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx

Bastelfalter von Beckburgia said...

Wow...eine tolle Karte, toll gestaltet.
Danke fürs Mitmachen bei der Stempelsonnen-Challenge.
Viele Grüße
Bastelfalter

mulberry station said...

Absolutely gorgeous Teri. I love everything about this card, especially the beautiful flowers.
Hope you are doing well.
Hugs, Nancy

Kattiz said...

WOW, what a magical card! Just loves it with all the dekorations, colors and image. Thansk for playing with us at Marianne Design Divas. Hugs Kattiz