Friday, 21 October 2011

Rosalee

Hiya folks!!

Been ages since I blogged any makes. Me bad - but then, the mojo has taken a bit of a hit in the last couple of weeks what with things happening around here. Can't go into that though at the moment.

BUT - having been away last weekend on a crafty retreat, I suddenly found myself with a bit! I managed a new doodle, which I released yesterday, and I also made a card with my 'Rosalee' image released a week or so ago. Here it is:


I have used some of the humungous stash of goodies that Amy gave us all to play with - the gorgeous filigree corners (edged with green ink), the cream, green and pink cardstock, large green gem, pink cosmic shimmer and a Marianne die that I bought for the flower.


For the Rosalee image, I coloured with watercolour pencils, and smudged pink ink round the image using some stencil brushes from the goody bag. This isn't showing up too well on these pics. The image has also been layered for extra depth.


As I said, the flower is made from a Marianne doily die I bought, with this flower die that comes with it. The centre is made using a punched shape, topped off with green gem. I saw some of the ladies at the weekend using the new die that makes these rolled up rose shapes, but I also noticed in blogland that these can be made just by cutting a circle roughly, and then cutting round on the inside (like we used to do at school to make spiral hangers), so that's what I did to make the two adjacent flowers. I inked the edges in a dark pink, and the used the cosmic shimmer for some bling.

Papers are from an old Tinker & Co set. Hot pink card from my own stash. Fern shapes cut with a sizzix die using green bazzill. An MS punch was used for the loopy edge on the pink paper, and some white gems were added, these were from my own stash too.

I'll be back later in the week to show you what I made at the crafty weekend, not that we made much - too much boozing and giggling going on for that!! LOL

Catch ya later peeps!

Challenges I am entering -

My Time to Craft - Punches or Dies
Sweet Stamps - Lots of Layers
Top Tip Tuesday - Layer It



15 comments:

AnItA mArIe said...

super lovely card Teri..hugz Anita..xx

Rosalee said...

For some odd reason I'm loving these Rosalee images, lol. Great card Teri
Hugs, Rosalee

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this looks stunning hun! I printed mine off earlier but havent had a minute to myself lol!!
Hugs Shell xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeosu card teri, love the corners and your beautiful flowers.

greetings karin

Maggie's Crafts said...

Amazing creation!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday in Layer It Up challenge!

Maggie
x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the layout and embellishments and the image is beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Ildiko said...

WOW Teri gorgeous card as usual, I love the flower and the delicat corner, I WANT one of that too lol
hugs
Ildz

America said...

AMAZING design! Super gorgeous details and colors and dimension! Love it. Fab Design and take on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week! Thanks so much for joining us! Good luck on the draw and we hope to see you next week too! :)

Em's Craft Corner said...

Stunning image Teri, your card is really gorgeous.

Emma xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely gorgeous image Teri and perfect interpretation of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Midnight Madness! Hope to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
MMSC DT
MY BLOG

Gloria Sauve said...

Hi, Teri,
Your card is absolutely gorgeous! So soft and feminine. I just love it!!
Gloria
:)

Deneen said...

Lovely card, I love the layers and your colouring is superb. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

tiggertastic said...

wow wee Teri you have blown me away, not only do i love the image, but your colouring and the metal frames go so well and the flowers are just outstanding !!!

hope you have had and enjoyable weekend

sarah x

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a gorgeous card. Love your image & coloring. Just perfect for the sketch challenge at Midnight Madness. Thanks so much for playing along with us!
Denise
MMDT

LindaS said...

All over the top gorgeous coloring and beautiful deign. WTG. Thanks for joining the MMSC - LindaS/MMSC'DT