Tuesday, 25 October 2011

A couple of makes

Hiya folks!

Thought it was time I popped on here and showed you what I made at the crafty weekend I went on a week or so ago. Sheesh - was it that long since we had all those giggles??

We had such a HUGE goody bag - I had to seperate it all out and literally stuff it all in the suitcase to get it home on the plane. Had to leave the cardstock though, as the case would have exceeded the weight limit!! LOL. Luckily my Mum's next door neighbour makes cards, so I let her have that. I shied away from using the sculpy clay stuff too. Something I will probably never use, but the kids might.

On to the makes. First up, I played with a Gothic rubber stamp from Crafts and Me, but I played it safe and used my pencils for the colouring. I could have used the markers that were on the table, but I didn't get on very well using them in the tiny spaces, even though they did have a pointed brush nib. Here is what I made:


Everything used here was from the goody bag, or from samples lying around the room, except for the silver brad heads that I took with me, and the flowers that were made using the punches I took. Here is a close-up:


Next I used a fairy stamp from Crafts and Me, coloured again with my pencils. The paper was Crafty Emma I think, cardstock from the samples, as was the lovely Marianne die corner. Pearls from the goody bag.


Another close-up, I raised the image up on foam pads for this card:


Finally, I bit the bullet and got the jewellery goodies out. What a gorgeous selection!! Sarah (Tiggertastic) provided a little leaflet to explain how to make parts and join things together - which was very useful (Thanks hun!), and I had a go at making a bracelet like a sample from that leaflet, and here it is:


Must say, I am rather impressed!! I used purple beads in three shapes, and some gold ones to go with the gold metalwork. It was all a bit fiddly, but worked out fine in the end once I got used to it all.

Right, that's it for now then peeps, catch ya later!!
Teri xx



5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards teri and your bracelet is looking gorgeous great colours.

greetings karin

Sue said...

Hi hun
how ya doin, gorgeous creations, your bracelet is beautiful luv the colour, sue,x

tiggertastic said...

i love yours cards as you know Teri, but your bead work is outstanding i am even more blown away seeing it a 2nd time.

Hope you are having a good week

Sarah x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Yup it was ages ago since all those giggles hun :-( roll on next year lololol!!

Gorgeous cards, you know I just loved the first one your shading with a pencil is amazing!!
Your bracelet wow!! fantastic job hun!
HUgs Shell xx

Vicky said...

Hi my sweets I'm trying to catch up with things I've missed.
Looks like you had a fab time hun but you certainly deserved it after how busy you are with the house. I love ALL of these amazing makes I think, & I mean think the gothic 1 is possibly my fave. They are all lush they really are hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx