Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Teenage Birthday

Hiya folks!

Well, I don't know what happened to this huge storm we were supposed to have. It totally missed us here in NE Scotland. Now all we have is the rain left, and that is set for the day. Looks like the garden will have to wait - again! LOL

I popped by today to show this card I made for my Daughter's thirteenth birthday. Heck, where did those years go to?? Now, she happens to be a bit of a 'mini-me', in that she is into Goth stuff, but I didn't want to go too overboard with it, and wanted to be a bit girly, and this is the result:


Last week I went into the local craft shop and picked up the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die for the sizzix/big shot, and I had a play with that. The flowers here are what I made with it using black card and some gorgeous burgundy leather effect paper which was nice and thick. Had that for years and never used it, so this was the perfect opportunity.


I used a bit of black ink to smudge across the burgundy shapes, and I smudged gold metallic rub on over too, and also the black card. Then I curled the shapes with my bone folder and fastened the shapes with a black brad that was also smudged with gold rub-on.


The text was typed directly onto the backing dp from Crafty Chaos Designs before printing. I then smudged black ink round the dp after it was mounted onto the base card. I cut a butterfly from black card, twice, using my shapeabilities die, which I also smudged with gold rub on to tie in with the rest of the card. Last job was a bit of bling in the shape of some large black gems.

I think she liked it! LOL.

OK, need to go and do the online Tesco shop now (dull), then I think I may just try and find my excercise dvd and have a go at that. That's if I can get shot of this hot flush. . . Catch ya later folks!!

Some Challenges -

Craft Your Passion - 'F' word (flowers)
Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Flowers and Swirls
Craft Your Days Away - Make your own flowers


8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful teri, love your flowers.

greetings karin

Lisa T said...

Great card! I'm sure she loved it! What a coincidence, too - my youngest daughter turns 13 this Sunday and is also into the Goth/steampunk look. Happy belated b'day to your daughter!

Amy Tidd said...

What a fantastic card! Thankyou for taking part in the first Crafty Boots Challenge! Amyxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fab! loving the texture to those flowers so effective!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week and good luck in the draw!

Emma xxx

Lionelsa said...

Adorable card.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

paperfun said...

Your daughter is going to love this card. Your flowers are lovely.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A stunning card and I love your flowers.

Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.

Hugs Sarahxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Amazing card Teri.

Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

Dionne