Friday, 30 September 2011

Tales of the Unexpected

Hiya folks!

Another fortnight has flown by, so I find myself here with my piece for the
Delicious Doodles Challenge, which this time is:

'Tales of the Unexpected'

Now this can be interpretted however you wish. Your unexpected thing could be a hidden something, an unusual style, exploding box, whatever!

I have a couple of unexpected things with my card. I unexpectedly made the thing in the first place. Was going to miss out on this one as time is so pressing at the mo, plus I haven't been a well bunny.

I made the card for our teamie Lyn (Blackdragon) who had a family bereavement, and I wanted to send her a something to show my support and hopefully offer a bit of comfort. Now our Lyn is a lover of all things BLACK, plus she is a bit of a Pagan, so I searched online for a pagan funeral verse to use on the card.
This is the front:


My dp is a lovely rose backing that I founf somewhere. It was coloured originally, but I made it black for this occasion. The frame is a frameabilites die. I wrapped some wide black ribbon round and tied in a bow to the side of the frame. The verse is continued on the inside:


I used my Rose image for the two little roses here, flipping one the other way. The verse panels are edged with black and green ink and layered onto silver mirri. I added some clear gems to the front.


My second 'unexpected' thing is my message that I put underneath the verse. I am not showing that here, as that bit is private, even though there isn't anything unusual about that.

I am not entering any challenges with this card, as that would be a bit unethical I think.

Hope all goes well for you today Lyn, thinking of you all. . .
Teri xx


7 comments:

ike said...

WoW - this is totally AWESOME. Such a fabulous thing... it will make her cry you know !!!
Hugz
Ike xxxx

Miss Emerald said...

Great! And so beautiful and powerful messages! It is very powerful and compelling!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Teri, I know you wont be home yet, but hope you arrive home safely from the wonderful weekend break! it was a real pleasure to meet you and all the other wonderful ladies. I hope to catch up with you all again next year! I am loving all the thought you have put into this card and im sure Lyn will have very much appreciated it! I will try and visit regularly from now on, hugs Linda x

Paper Pad Challenge said...

Hi Teri I hope you got back safe and sound xx It was such a great weekend and so lovely to finally meet up, this is fab I love the monochrome look xxx Hugs Pascale xxx

Lynn's Place said...

These are so awesome...tfs

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

What a fab weekend hun, I am so pleased to have met you.....heres to lots of giggles next year!
Hugs Shell xx

squiggle7 said...

Hi Teri, was fab to meet you at the weekend! I love your drawings, they are so stunning and detailed, it was really interesting to watch you sketching over the weekend.

Hope we all meet up again some time!

Emma xx