Friday, 16 September 2011

Cutie

Hiya folks!

How y'all keepin'?? Hope all is well in your neck of the woods??

All is fine here today, well, apart from the greyness of the day.
Nothing unusual there really. Used to it being grey now. It comes as a nice surprise when we do get some sun! LOL. My veggies hate it mind you, looks like another naff harvest this year. How do the farmers manage to keep going up here with all the naff weather we have. It's no wonder food prices keep rising!!

Argh, I wasn't going to have a grumble! Ah well, whateva! LOL

Onto my card, which today is my creation for the
and this time round we are 'Cute as a Button'.
Anything cute, as long as we get to see at least one button! LOL

I chose to use my Delicious Doodles Sniffing Daisies image:


And here is the card I made with her, following an old layout sketch from Papertake Weekly.


My dp's are from an old set by Tinker & Co, Tranquility.
I have used some lace from my stash, two pieces in two colours over a brown piece of dp, with some tiny red gems on top of it. The image was coloured previously, so I just printed it out again and fussy cut some layers. I added some light blue stickles to her dress, and to the flowers.


The flowers are made using spare card from the bits box, my ne Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die, but the two small shapes rather than the bigger ones. I inked the petals, and added stickles in red on the edges and blue dots just inside. Then I put my buttons in for the centres. Some blue gems were added to the bottom of the card. They aren't in the sketch, but the card needed it!!


I also added a ribbon bow made from a valentines leftover, and attached a handmade charmy thing. This was made using bits I rescued from jewellery sales.

I hope you can join us this fortnight on the
If you use a Delicious Doodles image from now on you will get to be 'Spotlighted' on the Challenge Blog AND the Delicious Doodles Blog too!! Sounds like fun!! LOL See you there folks!

I'd like to enter these challenges -

Creatalicious - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
MAWTT - Sparkle
Fab 'n' Funky - Bingo (Emb/digi/flowers)
Papercraft Star - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow - For a Girl
Bearly Mine - Button it Up
Creative Craft - Buttons and Bling
Paper and Such - TicTacToe (button/dp/lace)

25 comments:

Regan said...

Gorgeous card Teri! The colors are beautiful and you coloring of the image is perfect. I love the fussy cut and popped part of the image. Just beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love these colours and your floers are fab. I wish I could find such lovely jewellery bits as you. All complementing the lovely image so well. Marianne x

Sylvia x said...

great card and i love the layout you have used.

Thanks for joining us over at creative craft challenges

sylvia x

Basslady said...

this is a real work of art!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Poppet said...

Hi Teri, the papers and flowers compliment your beautiful image. :-) xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely and beautiful card teri.

greetings karin

pinky said...

Wow Teri this is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

ferrellgraph-x said...

Teri your card is amazing! It is so beautifully colored! You've created such a fabulous card with all thta fussy cutting! I'm so thrilled you joined us at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Alysha said...

Hi there, what a FAB card, thanks for entering at Creative Craft Challenges - good luck.

I have had a look around your Blog and I am VERY impresssed I have now become a member and will be back - please visit me at my Blog http://simply-angelic-crafts.blogspot.com/ and become a member too I would love to welcome you!

Hugs Aly xx

sallysbitz said...

This is a beautiful card, perfectly coloured x
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Ruthie said...

Wow Teri, this is beautiful! I love this - such a great use of the image - and those flowers are stunning!

Rx

Janice M said...

Very pretty! Love the charn you added to the bow. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous card Teri, your colours are just stunning!

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our 'Sparkle' challenge this week and good luck

Hugs Laurie x

JenMarie said...

Oh, so very lovely! So glad you joined us at Paper and Such!

MindyYoung said...

Beautiful! I love how your flowers just pop off the card, and that butterfly charm is adorable! Thanks for playing with us over at Paper and Such!

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous creation. I love those flowers and your addition of the little charm. Thank you for joining as at Ruby's Rainbow - I hope to see you there again.
Tracey
x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

heidy said...

Wow Teri,fabolous card!
Thanks for joining for fab'n'funky this week!
Hugs Heidy

Jeannie said...

Hi Teri! It's been awhile and I see you're up to your usual amazing self! This is just beautiful! I made a card today with one of your birdies, so I thought I'd drop by and say hello. Take care!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Ginny said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at FnF :)

sandra's crafty corner said...

hi there
fantastic button and bling project, thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges and good luck
i have a candy on my blog if your interested,
hugs sandra DT xxx

my candy

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and image! Thanks for taking part in Ruby's Rainbow Challenge xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, lovely image and colours! Thanks for taking part in Ruby's Rainbow Challenge xx

Janne said...

Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges this week.
Hugs, Janne