Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Sniffing Daisies

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well and are having some sunshine where you are? All is wet and soggy up here in Scotland (again), but are we downhearted? Well, maybe just a bit, LOL.
Which is why I decided to cheer myself up and make this here card using my newest release in the


I have done one of my favourite cards, a twisted easel, and have used a sketch for the layout of the front part (deets in challenge list at bottom of post). Here is that part then:


My papers are from a brand new FREEBIE from an old buddy who is making a welcome return after having a really naff time of it away from blogland. Remember Tinker & Co? Well Jo is making a comeback and is sorting through her store as we speak (can't wait 'til it reopens) and has got a new blog too, with the papers seen here as her first FREEBIE. Why not pop over and take a looky. . .


Back to the card then! Papers from Tinker & Co, as are the elements on the front - the big flower and the ribbon. I printed the flower a few times, and snipped it in layers and popped it up with foam pads. The ribbon I printed twice, once for the bit going across, then again for the tied bit so I could give it the 3D treatment!! I added some gems in the corner for some bling, and put stickles on the image on the daisies. 


On the base I used those papers again, with the blue one punched in the corners with an MS Around the Page corner punch. The flowers here are all handmade with card from my stash using punches and brads for their centres. I then put little dots on their petals using dimension paint. Love that effect!! Also added a couple of heart shaped gems, one to help the card stay up, the other just to equal it out.


Above you can see the flower and ribbon in detail. Meant to add some stickles to the flower, but completely forgot about that until now as I sit here typing! Oh well. . . The detail on these elements is just fab - you'd never tell they were just paper until you look closer!!


And lastly a close-up of my image, Sniffing Daisies, coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned in and printed out for the layers. I have got into the habit of having the image appearing to come out of the frame, which is an effect I saw many moons ago when I used to watch an artist do his paintings on the telly, anyone remember Bob Ross?? Sadly I could never reproduce his wonderous pieces, just haven't got the patience to let oils dry, but I remembered what he used to do and this is my way of doing it.

Okee-dokee peeps. Gotta dash, as I have had the building start date (22nd August) so I need to get the rest of the house sorted and reorganised. So if anyone wants any of that stuff I have for sale in the tabs at the top of this blog - then get in quick as I REALLY NEED to shift it NOW!!!

Another little thing folks -
don't forget the Delicious Doodles DT Call
- just over one week left to get your application entries in!!!

Challenges I am entering with this card -

Creative Craft - Summertime
Bunny Zoe's - Easel Cards
I Did It - Children
Kenny K - Fun in the Sun
SSDS - Friendship
Crafty Anns - Summertime
Raise the Bar - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - Digi Day



27 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
This is a beautiful card. I love the colour combo and the image is just gorgeous. I love the flowers. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I soooo love this image she is just lush. Its been piddling doon all day here too hun.....wet & miserable yuk...
Hope you are ok sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fabulous card teri.
beautiful image and colors.
your flowers are very beautiful to.

greetings karin

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow a lot of work went into this card and it shows, beautiful ! Fabulous colouring and your composition is perfect.

Marie

Tine said...

Hi Teri. A really beautiful card. Sweet image & fabulous colouring. Love all the dimension too. Brilliant creation. Thanks for joining us at KKKG.
Tine :)

Sylvia x said...

i love it...perfect for the challenge over at creative craft challenges...thanks for joining in the fun

Sylvia x

Jen said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the flowers and that is a very pretty image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Darby said...

awww Terri, you just turn everything you touch into prettiness. :) thank you and i love the image x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is utterly fabulous Teri - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beuatiful card, so mch to look at. Love those papers and the fab flowers. Great image too. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss. Marianne x (I have some candy on my blog.)

craftymum said...

A super card. thank you for playing with us at TG this week
hugs Sarah x

Tinker N Co said...

Cheers Teri, i know i could count on you to do a fabby job as always hun. beautiful image too xxx

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,love the colors,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week,hugs cherylxx

Poppet said...

Gorgeous card Teri, the papers really compliment your wonderful image. I love the mixture of poppies and daisies spilling off the card. P.s thanks for the heads up about Tinker & Co. :-) xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Teri this is absolutely beautiful that image is gorgeous so are the colours and 3d effect this is totally ACE.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Thanh Vo said...

Teri this is an AMAZING card. All the details that you put into it didn't go unnoticed! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar in our anything goes challenge.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Teri

Wow what a totally stunning card the image is fabulous and I just love your layout and the twisted easel style card - just love it!

Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Creative Inspirations and good luck.

Tina

Deb Mitchell said...

Hi Hun, Your card is absolutely outstanding- what a brilliant entry! Thank you for joining us at Krafty Girlz Kenny K Challenge Blog this week xox

Hugz, Deb

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

very cool Teri!!!

mulberry station said...

Oh wow Teri, I thinks this is one of my very favorite images that you have made. Your coloring is to perfection. I love, love love this card! Have a wonderful weekend.
Nancy

Michele said...

such a pretty creation! thank you for joining the "petals" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!!

Wow... Lovely new design on your gorgeous card!!!! I hope you're doing fine!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Gurkiss said...

Love your card :)

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hugs Gurkiss

trine said...

This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at KKKG.
Trine:)

Anne said...

Hi Teri
Sorry to be so late commenting, what a sizzling super Summer card! Poppies are my favourites and this is lovely, all those amazing extra flowers too, wow. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
Hugs
Anne

Vicki Romaine said...

This is beautiful. I love all the layers. Thanks for joining "Petals" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.